- Jean Baptiste Point du Sable, Scott # 2249, issued February 20, 1987
- James W. Johnson, Scott # 2371, issued February 2, 1988
- Asa Philip Randolph, Scott # 2402, issued February 3, 1989
- Ida B. Wells, Scott # 2442, issued February 1, 1990
Other U.S. postage stamps with Blackshear illustrations include portraits of Joe Louis, Jelly Roll Morton and Thelonious Monk for the Jazz Series, and illustrations for stamps commemorating James Cagney, The Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind, Beau Geste and Stagecoach for the Classic Hollywood Movies series, as well as several stamps for Classic Movie Monsters. He also illustrated the USPS book I Have A Dream: A Collection of Black Americans on U.S. Postage Stamps (1991).
- Biographical notes, Ebony Society of Philatelic Events and Reflections. Accessed online 5 November 2006.
- Black Heritage Stamp Issues 1978 to 2002, Ebony Society of Philatelic Events and Reflections. Accessed 5 November 5, 2006.
- Thomas Blackshear II, GreenwichWorkshop.com. Accessed online 5 November 2006.
- Jeff Sharlet (2005). "Soldiers of Christ: I. Inside America's most powerful megachurch". Harper's 310 (1860): 41–54.. The article is illustrated with Blackshear's artwork.
|This article about a painter from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|