Thomas Bowen (engraver)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
He died in Clerkenwell workhouse early in 1790.
- the maps and charts of the West Indies, published by the direction of the government from the surveys of Captain James Speer;
- maps of the country twenty miles round London and of the road between London and St. David's, about 1750;
- a 'New Projection of the Eastern and Western Hemispheres of the Earth,' 1776; and
- an 'Accurate Map of the Russian Empire in Europe and Asia,' 1778.
- "A New & Accurate Map Of Europe From The Latest Improvements And Regulated By Astronomical Observations", engraved for Mountague’s History of England.
He contributed to George Taylor and Andrew Skinner's Survey and Maps of the Roads of North Britain in 1776.
- http://www.oxforddnb.com/index/3/101003035/ Retrieved 16 April 2011
- http://www.garwood-voigt.com/catalogues/eurocont.htm, Retrieved 06 Oct 14