Thomas Bridges, 2nd Baron Bridges
He joined the Diplomatic Service in 1951. He is best known for being HM Ambassador to Italy from 1983 to 1987 following postings to, amongst others, West Berlin, Rio de Janeiro, Moscow and Washington, D.C.. He now sits as a cross-bench Peer in the House of Lords, although he has been on leave of absence from March 2011 to May 2015.
Bridges married the late Rachel Mary Bunbury (1926–2005), youngest daughter of Sir Henry Noel Bunbury KCB. They have three children:
- Hon. Mark Thomas Bridges CVO (b. 1954), Private Solicitor to the Queen
- Hon. Nicholas Edward Bridges (b. 1956), an architect
- Hon. Harriet Elizabeth Bridges
Conservative peer Lord Bridges of Headley is his nephew.
- A & C Black (2012). "BRIDGES, 2nd Baron". Who's Who 2012, online edition. Oxford University Press. Retrieved 2012-05-10.
- "Lord Bridges". House of Lords website. UK parliament. 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-10.
- "Ineligible members of the House of Lords". House of Lords website. UK parliament. 2013. Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- A & C Black (2012). "BRIDGES, Hon. Mark Thomas". Who's Who 2012, online edition. Oxford University Press. Retrieved 2012-05-10.
Sir Ronald Arculus
|HM Ambassador to Italy
Sir Derek Thomas
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
Edward Ettingdene Bridges
|This British diplomat-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a baron in the peerage of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|