Thomas C. Russell Field
|Thomas C. Russell Field|
NAIP aerial image, 30 June 2006
|Owner||City of Alexander City|
|Serves||Alexander City, Alabama|
|Elevation AMSL||686 ft / 209 m|
Thomas C. Russell Field (IATA: ALX, ICAO: KALX, FAA LID: ALX) is a city-owned public-use airport located two nautical miles (4 km) southwest of the central business district of Alexander City, a city in Tallapoosa County, Alabama, United States.
Facilities and aircraft
Thomas C. Russell Field covers an area of 293 acres (119 ha) at an elevation of 686 feet (209 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 18/36 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,422 by 96 feet (1,653 x 29 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 9, 2009, the airport had 33,312 aircraft operations, an average of 91 per day: 91% general aviation and 9% military. At that time there were 26 aircraft based at this airport: 69.% single-engine, 27% multi-engine and 4% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for ALX ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective January 5, 2017.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A (PDF, 2.03 MB)" (PDF). 2011–2015 National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. 4 October 2010. External link in
- "2009–2013 NPIAS Report, Appendix A: Part 1 (PDF, 1.33 MB)" (PDF). 2009–2013 National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. 15 October 2008. External link in
- Airport page at Alexander City website
- Aerial image as of March 1997 from USGS The National Map
- Airfield photos from U.S. Civil Air Patrol at the Wayback Machine (archived September 27, 2006)
- FAA Terminal Procedures for ALX, effective February 1, 2018
- Resources for this airport: