Thomas Clarke (footballer)
|Full name||Thomas Clarke|
|Date of birth||2 January 1989|
|Place of birth||Worthing, Sussex, England|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|2007||→ Taunton Town (loan)||5||(3)|
|2007||→ Bridgwater Town (loan)|
|2008–2009||Bognor Regis Town||11||(7)|
|2011||North Ferriby United|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21:40, 28 February 2016 (UTC).
As a teenager Clarke grew up playing for his local youth team Okeford United, and it was while representing his county Dorset that he was spotted by Yeovil Town and offered a youth contract. In June 2006, Clarke was awarded his first professional contract with Yeovil along with fellow youth team players Craig Alcock and Jake Smeeton. In February 2007, Clarke along with Alcock joined Southern League Division One South & West side Taunton Town on a month-loan deal making five appearances scoring three times before his return to Yeovil. On 5 May 2007, Clarke was one of three youth team players, along with Alcock and Gavin McCallum, to make their Yeovil debut away at Gillingham in the final regular league game of the 2006–07 with the club having already assured themselves of their place in the end of season play-offs. Clarke started the match and played the opening 57 minutes of the match before being replaced by striker Daniel Webb. At the end of the season, Clarke was awarded a new six-month contract extension. Having started the new season as a regular in the Yeovil reserve team, in September 2007, Clarke joined another Southern League Division One South & West side Bridgwater Town on loan. Clarke was recalled from his loan spell after two months when Yeovil suffered a series of injuries, Clarke returned to Yeovil having scored seven goals in eleven matches in all competitions for Bridgwater. At the end of December 2007, his contract with Yeovil expired having made only one appearance for Yeovil.
After his release from Yeovil, Clarke played in the Conference South having two spells with Dorchester Town, Eastleigh and Bognor Regis Town. Clarke also played for Wimborne Town and while studying at York University, he played semi-professionally for North Ferriby United and Pickering Town.
- "Star of campus: Tom Clarke". York Vision. 17 January 2012. Retrieved 28 February 2016.
- "Pick of the Youth". Ciderspace (the independent Yeovil Town FC website). 16 June 2006. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Taunton Town squad – Appearances & Goals as of end of 2006–07 season". Taunton Town F.C. Archived from the original on 8 February 2009. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Gillingham 0–2 Yeovil". BBC Sport. British Broadcasting Corporation. 5 May 2007. Retrieved 28 February 2016.
- "Alcock and Clarke signs up". Ciderspace (the independent Yeovil Town FC website). 9 July 2007. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Clarke Heads Out On Loan". Ciderspace (the independent Yeovil Town FC website). 14 September 2007. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Clarke is set to stay for another month". Bridgwater Mercury. 8 October 2007. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Clarke Expected To Be Back For Rest Of Year". Ciderspace (the independent Yeovil Town FC website). 14 November 2007. Retrieved 9 March 2016.