Thomas Clausen (musician)
|Born||October 5, 1949|
|Associated acts||Bob Brookmeyer, Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis, Miles Davis, Dexter Gordon, Johnny Griffin, Jackie McLean, Ben Webster|
Thomas Clausen (born 5 October 1949) is a Danish jazz pianist.
Later life and career
Clausen was part of the band V8, led by Palle Mikkelborg and Alex Riel, from 1970 to 1975. He has recorded with Scandinavian jazz musicians and with Bob Brookmeyer, Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis, Dexter Gordon, Jackie McLean, Ben Webster and others. He has also led groups throughout his career.
- 1982 Rain (Matrix Music Marketing)
- 1985 The Shadow of Bill Evans (BMG)
- 1988 She Touched Me (M-A)
- 1989 Piano Music (M-A )
- 1998 Turn Out the Stars (Storyville)
- 1999 Follow the Moon (Stunt)
- 2001 Prelude to a Kiss (Stunt)
- 2002 My Favourite Things (Stunt)
- 2002 Danske Sange (Stunt)
- 2003 Balacobaco (Stunt)
- 2007 Back to Basics (Stunt)
- 2009 After the Carnaval (Stunt)
- 2014 Morning... Dreaming... (Stunt)
With Tim Berne
With Francisco Cali
- The Voyage (Stunt, 2016)
- Swingin' Till the Girls Come Home (SteepleChase, 1976)
With Miles Davis
With Dexter Gordon
- More Than You Know (SteepleChase, 1975)
With Jackie McLean
- Dryden, Ken. "After the Carnaval: Review". Allmusic. Retrieved 4 March 2011.
- Wiedemann, Erik; Büchmann-Møller, Frank (2005), Clausen, Thomas, Grove Music Online. Oxford Music Online. Oxford University Press, retrieved 3 December 2018
- "Thomas Clausen | Album Discography | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
|This article about a Danish musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a jazz pianist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|