DeCoud in 2013
|No. 28, 21|
March 19, 1985|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||190 lb (86 kg)|
|High school:||Pinole (CA) Valley|
|NFL Draft:||2008 / Round: 3 / Pick: 98|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Thomas DeCoud (// day-KOO; born March 19, 1985) is a former American football free safety. He played college football for the University of California, Berkeley. He was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons in the third round of the 2008 NFL Draft. DeCoud currently coaches football at Monte Vista High School.
DeCoud attended Glencove Elementary School and Hogan Senior High School in Vallejo, California, then attended Pinole Valley High School in Pinole, California and was a letterman in football and basketball. In football, as a senior, he was an All-ACCAL selection. In basketball, he was an All-ACCAL selection. DeCoud graduated from Pinole High School in 2003.
DeCoud was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons in the third round of the 2008 NFL Draft.
Playing primarily on special teams in 10 games as a rookie, DeCoud recorded 6 tackles (5 solo). He had a breakout season the next year as he started all 16 games at free safety and compiled 68 tackles (57 solo), 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 7 pass deflections and 3 interceptions. After the season, DeCoud received recognition from USA Today, which listed him on its annual "All-Joe" team.
Decoud was released from the Falcons on March 11, 2014.
The Carolina Panthers signed DeCoud to a two-year deal on April 10, 2014. DeCoud made his first start for the Panthers in a 20-14 victory against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in week 1. During the home opener in a 24-7 win against the Detroit Lions in week 2, DeCoud recorded 3 tackles and was responsible for a pass deflection deep downfield against Calvin Johnson which led to an interception by Melvin White. During the Panthers week 5 victory over the Chicago Bears, DeCoud recorded his first interception for the Panthers against Jay Cutler to go along with 4 tackles and a pass deflection. He was released on February 17, 2015.
- iGoLYTELY (2012-09-28). "Thomas DeCoud - SportsCenter (LIVE) - "Meow" Game". YouTube. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- Atlanta Falcons (2012-09-26). "State Farm Player of the Week: Thomas DeCoud". YouTube. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- "Falcons Safety Thomas DeCoud Played The Meow Game During An Interview On SportsCenter". Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- Hanzus, Dan (April 10, 2014). "Thomas DeCoud signs two-year deal with Panthers". NFL.com. Retrieved 2014-04-10.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-10-11. Retrieved 2014-09-15.
- Shook, Nick. "Carolina Panthers release safety Thomas DeCoud". NFL.com. Retrieved 18 February 2015.