Thomas Dunne (Lord Lieutenant)
Sir Thomas Raymond Dunne, KG, KCVO, JP (born 24 October 1933) was the Lord Lieutenant of Hereford and Worcester from 1977, then (after the historic counties were restored) from 1998 the Lord Lieutenant of Worcestershire until 2001 and the Lord Lieutenant of Herefordshire until 2008.
He was appointed Lord Lieutenant of Hereford and Worcester in 1977, three years after the administrative counties of Herefordshire and Worcestershire were merged to form Hereford and Worcester. In 1995, he was knighted as a Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order. In 1998, Hereford and Worcester reverted to its original counties, and Sir Thomas became Lord Lieutenant of Herefordshire and Lord Lieutenant of Worcestershire. He retired from the latter on 31 July 2001. He is Chairman of the Lord Lieutenants Association. In 2008, he was made a Knight Companion of the Order of the Garter.
Sir Thomas is the father of:
- Camilla Rose Dunne, married to Hon Rupert Soames (son of Lord Soames and Mary, Lady Soames, and a grandson of Sir Winston Churchill) in 1988.
- Philip Martin Dunne, Conservative Party Member of Parliament for Ludlow since 2005.
- Nicholas Dunne, married to Lady Jasmine Cavendish, daughter of the 12th Duke of Devonshire
- Birthdays: 23 October, The Independent, 23 October 1999.
- Lord-Lieutenants of Counties (England & Wales) 1974-, Institute of Historical Research, September 2005.
- Top honour for Sir Thomas, Hereford Times, 23 April 2008.
- The Peerage, entry for Sir Thomas Dunne
- The Peerage, entry for Hon Rupert Soames
- The Friends of St. George's & Descendants of the Knights of the Garter Annual Review 2007/08, VIII, 2008, p. 479