This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Thomas Dybdahl, May 2006
|Born||12 April 1979|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, bass guitar, percussion, harmonica, Hammond, mandolin, banjo, piano, harp|
|Labels||Petroleum Records Norway release only / V2BeNeLux|
Thomas Dybdahl (born 12 April 1979, Sandnes, Norway) is a Norwegian singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist.
Dybdahl released his first single as a solo artist EP, Bird, in 2000. His second EP from 2001 was titled John Wayne.
Beginning with the release of his first album, ... That Great October Sound, in 2002, the first part of his gold and platinum-selling "October" series, he received national and even international appreciation for his work. Since then, and especially after the European release in 2004, Dybdahl's notability has increased significantly. The mostly positive reviews tout Dybdahl as a new pop wonder comparable to Nick Drake, Jeff Buckley and other solo artists. He received the Spellemannprisen and the Alarm Award for his work.
The release of his next two albums, Stray Dogs (European release in 2005) and One Day You'll Dance for Me, New York City, further increased his standing as a respected artist.
The album One Day You'll Dance for Me, New York City features the Norwegian philosopher Arne Næss speaking of quality of life, as a sort of interlude.
In 2004, he teamed up with artists from the bands Jaga Jazzist and BigBang on the project The National Bank, which immediately entered the Norwegian charts with the project's self-titled debut album. It was released outside Norway in 2009.
His single "Damn Heart", written for the Danish movie En Soap, was released in 2006 on Copenhagen Records.
On April 22, 2013, his single "Man On a Wire" was released as the first single from his album What's Left is Forever.
On February 24, 2017, his album The Great Plains was released.
His 8th solo studio album All These Things came out at 12 October 2018.
|...That Great October Sound
|One Day You'll Dance for Me, New York City
|Waiting for That One Clear Moment
|What's Left Is Forever
|The Great Plains
|All These Things
- 2006: Music from the movie Rottenetter (1MicAdventure)
- 2015: This love is here to stay House of Lies Season 3 Episode 11
- 2006: October Trilogy (box set featuring his first three albums, the remastered DVD and a bonus CD) (NO #36)
- 2009: Thomas Dybdahl: En samling (NO #9)
- 2011: Songs
EPs and singles
- 2000: Bird EP
- 2001 John Wayne EP
- 2003 Rain down on Me
- 2004 A Lovestory
- 2006: Damn Heart
- 2010: Cecilia
- 2015: Thomas Dybdahl & In The Country featuring In The Country, EP (Vinyl and digital release).
- 1998: Q, with the Quadrophonics
- 2004: The National Bank, with The National Bank
- 2008: Come On Over To The Other Side, with The National Bank
- 2008: Dive Deep, with Morcheeba
- 2003: That Great October DVD
- 2005: That Great October DVD Digitally Remastered
- 2009: Live at Paradiso, Amsterdam DVD
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Thomas Dybdahl.|
- Thomas Dybdahl – the official homepage with a lot of music and video downloads
- Thomas Dybdahl Official MySpace
- Fanpage – unofficial Thomas Dybdahl Fanpage, includes a complete discography, tour news, a huge link collection, downloads, reviews and photographs
- Interview with Thomas Dybdahl for www.4ortherecord.com