Farriner joined the Baker's Company in 1637, and had his own shop by 1649. By the time of the Great Fire of London Thomas Farriner was a well known baker in the City of London, who provided bread for the Royal Navy during the Anglo-Dutch war.
Thomas Farriner and his children escaped the fire but his maid died in the flames.
Farriner died on 20 December 1670.
- Danielle Evelyn, [The Farriner family of the Great Fire ]. Once upon a time in history (Friday, 17 October 2014).
- Angus McKee, Great Fire of London anniversary: Wooden replica of city to burn 350 years on from disaster.
- Terry Foreman,The Diary of Samuel Pepys.
- Danielle Evelyn, The Farriner family of the Great Fire. Once upon a time in history (Friday, 17 October 2014).
- Terry Foreman,The Diary of Samuel Pepys (26 May 2012).