|First Gentleman of New Hampshire|
January 3, 2013 – January 2, 2017
|Preceded by||Susan Lynch|
|Succeeded by||Valerie Sununu (First Lady)|
|14th Principal of Phillips Exeter Academy|
September 2009 – June 2015
|Preceded by||Tyler Chapman Tingley|
|Succeeded by||Lisa MacFarlane|
Thomas Edward Hassan is an American educator and husband of United States Senator and former Governor of New Hampshire Maggie Hassan. He joined the Phillips Exeter Academy faculty as the Director of College Counseling in 1989, worked as the Dean of Admissions, and was the 14th principal from 2009 until his retirement in 2014. During his 20 years at Exeter, Hassan taught mathematics and junior studies, served as dorm affiliate, and advised student organizations, including Best Buddies and the Random Acts of Kindness club.
Hassan earned a bachelor of arts degree at Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, and earned master's and doctoral degrees in Education at Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts. In 2011, the New York Observer named Hassan as one of 24 "Elite Private School Power Players".
- "Biography of Principal Thomas E. Hassan". Phillips Exeter Academy. Retrieved 2013-01-08..
- "Thomas Hassan appointed Principal of Phillips Exeter Academy". SeacoastOnline.com. 2008-10-24. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- Buchanan, James (Nov–Dec 2009), "The Principal", Brown Alumni Magazine.
- Knutsen, Elise (November 2011), "The Elite of the Elite: 2011 Private School Power Players", New York Observer.
- "Leadership - School Year Abroad". www.sya.org. Retrieved 2017-05-12.