December 14, 1997 |
San Francisco, California, U.S.
In 2010, Horn won on Jeopardy! during Kids Week, earning $31,800 after wagering $12,000 during Final Jeopardy! Producer Scott Rudin was among those viewers impressed by Horn, subsequently offering him an audition for the role of Oskar Schell in Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. Horn's performance in the movie was praised by critics "for its sensitivity and emotional depth".
After EL&IC and Space Warriors, Horn returned to being a student at Piedmont High School. In 2014, Horn was studying at UCLA and was described as a strong student who plays classical piano and is active in dance. Horn said that he still auditioned and wanted to pursue acting further but was continuing his studies as a backup plan.
|2011||Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close||Oskar Schell|
|2013||Space Warriors||Jimmy Hawkins|
- "Thomas Horn - CinemaReview.com Cast/Crew". Cinemareview.com. 2011-12-25. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- "Stephen Daldry: Young Thomas Horn is 'a proper leading man' - latimes.com". Latimesblogs.latimes.com. 2012-01-19. Retrieved 2012-01-22.
- "Hrvat Thomas Horn (15) glumi uz Miru Sorvino i Dannyja Glovera" (in Croatian). Večernji list. 2012-10-25.
- "Trivia Challenge reaches inevitable conclusion Friday night in Santa Cruz". Register Pajaronian. 2012-09-25. Retrieved 2012-09-30.
- Zack, Jessica (2012-01-15). "Thomas Horn's incredibly fast start to career". Sfgate.com. Retrieved 2012-06-03.
- Angela HillOakland Tribune. "Meet Thomas Horn, young star of 'Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close' - San Jose Mercury News". Mercurynews.com. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- Vancheri, Barbara (2012-01-20). "9/11 aftermath drama 'Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close' tugs at heartstrings". Post-gazette.com. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- "Thomas Horn got big break from 'Jeopardy!' –". Usatoday.com. 2011-12-22. Retrieved 2012-01-22.
- "2011 Awards". Phoenix Film Critics Society. Retrieved 2012-01-22.