December 14, 1997 |
San Francisco, California
Thomas Horn (born December 14, 1997) is an American actor best known for his role in the American drama film Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (2011). In 2010, Horn won on Jeopardy!, during Kids Week, earning $31,800 after wagering $12,000 during Final Jeopardy! Producer Scott Rudin was among those viewers impressed by Horn, subsequently offering him an audition for the role of Oskar Schell in Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. Horn's performance in the movie was praised by critics "for its sensitivity and emotional depth".
Horn was born in San Francisco, California, His mother is a pediatric oncologist from Croatia, his father is an eye surgeon, and he has a younger brother, Philip. Horn speaks some Spanish, is fluent in Croatian, and has studied Mandarin.
Since EL&IC and Space Warriors, Horn has returned to being a student at Piedment High School. He's a strong student but also plays classical piano and is active in dance. He still auditions and wants to pursue acting further but he is still sticking with his studies in the case of a backup plan. 
|2011||Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close||Oskar Schell|
|2013||Space Warriors||Jimmy Hawkins|
- "Thomas Horn - CinemaReview.com Cast/Crew". Cinemareview.com. 2011-12-25. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- "Stephen Daldry: Young Thomas Horn is 'a proper leading man' - latimes.com". Latimesblogs.latimes.com. Retrieved 2012-01-22.
- "Thomas Horn got big break from 'Jeopardy!' –". Usatoday.com. 2011-12-22. Retrieved 2012-01-22.
- Zack, Jessica (2012-01-15). "Thomas Horn's incredibly fast start to career". Sfgate.com. Retrieved 2012-06-03.
- "Hrvat Thomas Horn (15) glumi uz Miru Sorvino i Dannyja Glovera" (in Croatian). Večernji list. 2012-10-25.
- "Trivia Challenge reaches inevitable conclusion Friday night in Santa Cruz". Register Pajaronian. 2012-09-25. Retrieved 2012-09-30.
- Angela HillOakland Tribune. "Meet Thomas Horn, young star of 'Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close' - San Jose Mercury News". Mercurynews.com. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- Vancheri, Barbara (2012-01-20). "9/11 aftermath drama 'Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close' tugs at heartstrings". Post-gazette.com. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- "2011 Awards". Phoenix Film Critics Society. Retrieved 2012-01-22.