||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Thomas Huber (born 18 November 1966 in Palling, Bavaria) is a German climber and mountaineer. He lives in Berchtesgaden with his family. His brother and climbing partner is Alexander Huber. The brothers were the subject of the 2007 film To the Limit.
When they were still young Huber and his two siblings were taken into the mountains by their father, himself a noted climber known for early fast ascents of now classic climbs.
- 1994 First redpoint ascent of The end of Silence (5.13d/X+/8b+), one of the hardest multi-pitch routes in the world at that time
- 1996 Free ascent of the Salathé on El Capitan in Yosemite Valley and winter solo ascent of the Eiger north face
- 1997 First ascent of the route "Tsering Mosong" (VII+,A3+) on Latok II, 7108m
- 1998 First ascent of El Niño on El Capitan, and Free Rider, first free ascent of an El Capitan route on one day with Alexander Huber
- 1999 Second ascent of the south west wall of Latok IV (6445m)
- 2000 First ascent of the direct north pillar of the Shivling (6543m) with Iwan Wolf and winner of the Piolet d'Or
- 2001 First ascent of Baintha Brakk III (6800m), second ascent of Baintha Brakk I (7285m)
- 2003 First free ascent of Zodiac (5.13d/X+/8b+) on El Capitan with Alexander Huber
- 2004 Speed record on El Capitan, Zodiac in 1:52h
- 2007 Speed record on El Capitan, The Nose, in 2:45,45h
- 2008 First ascent of the west wall of Holtanna in Queen Maud Land, Antarctica, together with brother Alexander and Stephan Siegrist
- 2008 Ascent of Ulvetanna in Queen Maud Land, Antarctica, together with brother Alexander and Stephan Siegrist
- 2009 First Free Ascent with Alexander Huber of Eternal Flame, (5.13a), on Trango ("Nameless") Tower (6,239 m), Pakistan.
- Alexander Huber und Thomas Huber: The Wall. BLV, 2000
- Thomas Huber: Ogre - Gipfel der Träume, BLV, 2002, ISBN 3-405-16374-9
- "Thomas Huber Filmography". Fandango. Retrieved 2012-12-15.
- Keogh, Tom (August 22, 2008). ""To the Limit": Extreme climbing — and sibling rivalry". The Seattle Times.
- "Thomas Huber". Mammut/Gore-Tex European Outdoor Film Tour. Retrieved May 28, 2015.