This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Thomas Jacob Bergersen|
|Born||4 July 1980|
|Years active||2003 – present|
Thomas Jacob Bergersen (born 4 July 1980, Trondheim, Norway) is a Norwegian composer, multi-instrumentalist, and the co-founder of the production music company Two Steps From Hell. Bergersen's compositions have featured in many motion picture campaigns, such as Avatar, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Twilight Saga, The Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, Da Vinci Code, The Mummy, The Dark Knight, Tron: Legacy and hundreds more. Bergersen has scored over one thousand soundtracks and film trailers.
He started his musical career as a demoscener, writing tracked modules under the name Lioz in the group Index. The release of a 2007 trance-genre single titled "Remember September" saw Bergersen team with fellow Norwegian artist Boom Jinx.
In May 2010, Bergersen and his business partner, Nick Phoenix, released a debut public Epic Music Two Steps From Hell album titled Invincible, featuring some of their most popular tracks, including "Freedom Fighters", "Moving Mountains", and "Heart of Courage". Several additional commercial album releases have since followed, including Archangel and SkyWorld. Bergersen also performed in a 2013 live concert at the Walt Disney Concert Hall. In 2010 Bergersen composed the original music for the movie The Human Experience. The Soundtrack CD was released on 29 March 2011.
2011 saw the release of a solo-produced soundtrack from Thomas Bergersen, titled Illusions. His second solo public album called Sun was released in September 2014. He has also released several commercial singles since 2011, including "Heart" and "The Hero in Your Heart," which were intended to provide disaster relief in the wake of the Tōhoku earthquake and Typhoon Haiyan, respectively.
In March of 2020, the seven part album series Humanity was announced. Humanity is intended to be a seven part album series exploring all aspects of human emotion. On July 1, 2020, Humanity - Chapter I was released, and on 11 November 2020 Chapter II of the saga was added.
Concerts featuring his music:
- 2013-06-14 => produced by Two Steps From Hell, conductor Petr Pololáník @ Walt Disney Concert Hall, Los Angeles, USA
- 2014-06-28 => produced and conducted by Ciprian Costin at Iași Palace of Culture, Romania (along Hans Zimmer's music)
- 2016-04-27 => produced and conducted by Ciprian Costin at Bucharest Palace Hall, Romania (along Hans Zimmer's music)
- 2018-04-20 => conducted by Petr Pololáník at Forum Karlín, Prague, Czech Republic (Thomas Bergersen performed on his violin and on the piano.)
Not much is known about Bergersen's personal life. He hosts a contest for children and young adults up to 21 years old requesting they send him personal videos of themselves as part of a strategy to help those gifted musicians to achieve their dreams and professional goals. Applicants should be no older than 21. Winners are to be announced in December 2020 and will receive $3,000 in grant funding. 
He stated that he moved from Los Angeles to Miami, and then to Seattle between 2010 - 2014 (Sun album description). The song Cassandra on the album Sun was inspired by his then-girlfriend Cassandra. He considers himself a Gamer and played games such as Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, Quake and Hitman: Absolution.
Bergersen claims to be influenced by many genres, ranging from Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart to Katy Perry. However, he stated that Gustav Mahler is among his primary influences. He dislike the concept of Music genres, which he thinks limits music to certain structures for the purpose of classification. For this reason he generally avoids following genres and industry conventions and follows his own intuition instead .
- Illusions (2011)
- Sun (2014)
- American Dream (2018)
- Seven (2019)
- Humanity - Chapter I (2020)
- Humanity - Chapter II (2020)
Two Steps from Hell
- Invincible (2010)
- Archangel (2011)
- Halloween (2012)
- SkyWorld (2012)
- Classics Volume One (2013)
- Miracles (2014)
- Colin Frake on Fire Mountain (2014)
- Battlecry (2015)
- Classics Volume Two (2015)
- Vanquish (2016)
- Unleashed (2017)
- Dragon (2019)
- "China's new video of its naval-aviation forces blows 'Top Gun' away". BusinessInsider. 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 7 August 2013. Retrieved 14 January 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "LioZ - Nectarine Demoscene Radio". Scenemusic.net. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- "Amiga Music Preservation". Amp.dascene.net. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- "Boom Jinx feat. Thomas J. Bergersen – Remember September (CDr) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 July 2011. Retrieved 19 June 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Music". Two Steps from Hell.
- "Illusions". Thomas Bergersen official site. Retrieved 23 April 2019.[self-published source]
- "Grant | Thomas Bergersen". Thomas Bergersen. Retrieved 11 November 2020.
- "Interview: Thomas Bergersen, Composer". STARBURST Magazine. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- Wright, Chris (6 May 2016). "Meet Thomas Bergersen — Master of Powerful, Epic Music". Gear Patrol. Retrieved 26 July 2020.