Thomas J. Curry
|Thomas J. Curry|
|Comptroller of the Currency|
April 9, 2012 – May 5, 2017
|Preceded by||John C. Dugan|
|Succeeded by||Joseph Otting|
January 9, 1957|
Thomas J. Curry (born January 9, 1957) is an American government official who served as the 30th Comptroller of the Currency of the United States from April 9, 2012, until May 5, 2017. Prior to becoming Comptroller of the Currency, Curry served as a Director of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and as the chairman of the NeighborWorks America Board of Directors. He was born in Greenwich, Connecticut and raised in Stamford, Connecticut.
Prior to joining the FDIC's board of directors, Curry served as Commissioner of Banks for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts from 1990 to 1991 and from 1995 to 2003. He served as Acting Commissioner from February 1994 to June 1995. Previously, he served as First Deputy Commissioner and Assistant General Counsel within the Massachusetts Division of Banks. He entered state government in 1982 as an attorney with the Massachusetts' Secretary of State's Office.
Curry served as the Chairman of the Conference of State Bank Supervisors from 2000 to 2001, and served two terms on the State Liaison Committee of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council, including a term as Committee chairman. On April 1, 2013, Curry was named chairman of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) for a two-year term.
- "Thomas J. Curry Takes Office as the 30th Comptroller of the Currency". Occ.gov. 9 April 2012. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- Eisinger, Jesse. "With New Leader, Regulator Finds a New Direction as Well". Dealbook. New York Times. Retrieved 15 June 2012.
- Affairs, United States Congress Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban (9 December 2017). "Nominations of Mark C. Brickell, Alicia R. Castaneda, and Thomas J. Curry: hearing before the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, United States Senate, One Hundred Eighth Congress, first session, on nominations of Mark C. Brickell, of New York, to be director of the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight; Alicia R. Castaneda, of the District of Columbia, to be a member of the Board of Directors of Federal Housing Finance Board; Thomas J. Curry, of Massachusetts, to be a member of the Board of Directors, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, July 22, 2003". U.S. G.P.O. Retrieved 9 December 2017 – via Google Books.
- "Thomas J. Curry Named FFIEC Chairman". Occ.gov. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "JASPER JOTTINGS Week 27 - 2010 July 03". Jasperjottings.com. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "FDIC biography". Fdic.gov. Archived from the original on 23 November 2010. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "Thomas J. Curry to Step Down May 5, Keith A. Noreika to Serve as Acting Comptroller of the Currency". occ.gov. 3 May 2017. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "Keith A. Noreika Biography". Occ.gov. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- Thomas J. Curry – OCC Biography
John C. Dugan
| Comptroller of the Currency