Thomas J. Leonard
Thomas J. Leonard (July 31, 1955 – February 11, 2003) was a major contributor to the development of personal coaching. Thomas’ vision was to bring the provocative power of coaching to the lives of everyone. Not only did he want to create the largest and most progressive community of coaches and resources in the world, he also wanted to bring coaching to the mainstream so that everyone could and would develop a coaching approach to their own lives.  He was an EST employee in the 1980s and founded Coach U, the International Coach Federation, Coachville, and the International Association of Coaching with Michael O. Coop Cooper and other coaches.  He participated in the foundation of the Coaches Training Institute deeply. He was the founder concerned with establishment of the other companies and organizations of coaching.
Notable contributions to coaching
- Writing 6 coaching-related books, along with 14 internally published works available exclusively to the coaches at Coach University.
- Founding the International Coach Federation in 1995.
- Starting TeleClass.com in 1998. Teleclass.com is a virtual university with over 20,000 students, offering over 100 teleclasses during any given week, delivered via conference call and RealAudio.
- Writing 28 personal and professional development programs which are used by coaches, training firms, and Fortune 100 companies.
- Being featured on over 100 hours of commercially available audio-tape sets demonstrating techniques and processes of coaching.
- Developing a popular website called TopTen.org, which contains over 1,000 (needs verification) Top 10 Lists on all subjects. (This is arguably one of the Internet's first article directories.
- Founding Coach U, the oldest and largest professional coach training organization.
- Founding and managing of CoachVille.com as CEO. Coachville is a network and trainer of coaches a majority in the U.S.
- Founding the Graduate School of Coaching, a comprehensive coach training school (1000 courses in development), with 1400 students from 35 countries.
- Founding the International Association of Coaching, a professional coaching association.
- Publishing Today's Coach, a coaching industry ezine with over 30,000 subscribers.
Personal and professional development tools
- Personal Foundation
- Certified Strategist
- Clean Sweep
- SuperSensitive Person
- A Perfect Life
- Certified Critical Eye
- Working Wisdom
- The Portable Coach, Scribner, August 1998, ISBN 978-0-684-85041-2
- Becoming a Coach
- Simply Brilliant, ISBN 978-1-929668-00-7
- Coaching Forms Book
- The Distinctionary
- 28 Laws of Attraction, Scribner, December 2007, ISBN 978-1-4165-7103-2
- Coach or Couch, Choose Your Therapy. New York Times. Published: July 13, 2003.
- "About". International Association of Coaching. Retrieved 2019-05-10.
- Jane Renton, "Coaching and Mentoring: What They Are and How to Make the Most of Them". The Economist Newspaper. Ltd.,2009, pgs 8 & 27.
- The Inner Game of Business - Thomas Leonard built an industry out of the contradictions in himself. Joshua Hyatt, CNN Money, published 1st May 2003.
- Related Links. Werner Erhard, Work and Ideas. Retrieved 8 July 2015.
- https://certifiedcoach.org/about/ ].
- Thomas J. Leonard: Bio.
- Mills, Byron, author. Computer Retail Weekly, Issue 41, 2007.