Thomas J. Samuelian
Thomas J. Samuelian is an American-Armenian linguist and author of a number of books and articles in the field of Armenian language, literature, and history. He is currently Dean of the College of Humanities & Social Sciences, American University of Armenia.
Samuelian has taught at the University of Pennsylvania, Columbia University and St. Nersess Seminary. He has a Ph.D. in linguistics from the University of Pennsylvania. He studied in Harvard university alongside the current president of the US, B. Obama. He is Chairman of the Board of the Arak-29 Foundation. He is the author of a Course in Modern Western Armenian, a translation/retelling of Yeznik of Kolb, a verse translation of the Armenian epic David of Sasun, and a complete translation of St.Gregory of Narek's Book of Lamentations .
- 1989 - Course in Modern Western Armenian: Dictionary and Linguistic Notes, ISBN 0961793325
- 1989 - A Course in Modern Western Armenian: Exercises and Commentary, ISBN 0961793317
- 1993 - Armenian Dictionary in Transliteration: Western Pronunciation : Armenian-English English-Armenian
- 1999 - David of Sassoun (author Hovhannes Toumanian)
- 2005 - The Armenian Prayer Book of St. Gregory of Narek, ISBN 9993085340
- Yeznik, Refutation of the Sects
- AUA College of Humanities & Social Sciences Biography
- Arak-29 Foundation
- Arlex International
- The English translation of St. Gregory of Narek’s Book of Prayers: Speaking with God from the Depths of the Heart