Thomas Lang (singer)
Thomas Lang (Thomas Jones) is a Liverpool based singer-songwriter, best known for the jazz-tinged song "The Happy Man", which spent 3 weeks in the UK top 100 singles chart in January 1988 (peaking at no. 67). He released his debut album, Scallywag Jaz in 1987. His last album release (to date) was "Torch" in 2014. A new album is set for release in September 2016 entitled "The German Alphabet".
Lang toured with his band throughout the late 1980s and early 1990s, and built up a loyal following, as well as appearing with Jools Holland's band on the TV show The Happening in 1990, and several residencies at the world-famous London jazz venue, Ronnie Scott's.
Lang still plays live in the UK and occasionally further afield.
He was one of the consortium who successfully battled to save Liverpool's Parr Street Recording Studios (a Grammy Award-winning studio, known for its work with Coldplay, Doves, Embrace, Elbow and Badly Drawn Boy).
He returned to the recording studio in Liverpool at the end of October 2006, and started recording new songs. The first tracks to be recorded were "Scared" and "I Believe".
In March 2014 Lang released the live album Torch, which was recorded on 16 April 2011 at the Rodewald Suite, Liverpool Philharmonic Hall.
Lang is currently working with the production team of Colin MacKay and Alan Currie on new material, scheduled for release September 2016 on the Klee label, a subsidiary of the legendary Liverpool ProbePlus Records. Klee gave the band Kill Laura (Jane Weaver) its first releases in the early 1990s. Lang will be supporting this new release with selected live dates.
- 1987: Scallywag Jaz - UK #92
- 1988: Fingers & Thumbs (North America release of Scallywag Jaz)
- 1990: Little Moscow
- 1991: The Lost Letter Z
- 1991: Lang Tokyo 1991 (Live album)
- 1994: Covers
- 1996: Versions
- 2014: Torch (Live album)
- 2016: The German Alphabet"
Maybe I'm Amazed In The Wee Small Hours He Needs Me Me and Mrs Jones My Prayer Masquerade Loverman Good Morning Heartache God Bless The Child Shoelaces
- 1993: Outside Over There - A Retrospective
- 1998: Scallywag Jaz And More - The Best Of...
- 1993: Leon The Pig Farmer
- 1999: The Bachelor
- 1987: "The Happy Man"
- 1987: "Me & Mrs Jones"
- 1987: "Boys Prefer"
- 1988: "The Happy Man" (New Version)- UK #67
- 1990: "Refugees from Little Moscow"
- 1990: "The Longest Song"
- 1991: "I Will"
- 1992: "Feels So Right"
- 1992: "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood"
- 1994: "Love TKO" (Promo)
- 1996: "Use Me"
- 2011: "August Day"
- "Liverpool Echo: Latest Liverpool and Merseyside news, sports and what's on". Icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk. 25 January 2013. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- "Liverpool Culture Blog: ""Mathew Street Festival Archives". Artinliverpool.com. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- "THOMAS LANG | Artist". Official Charts. Retrieved 9 October 2013.