Born Thomas Charlton, he was the son of John Chivarton Charlton. He assumed by Royal licence the surname of Meyrick (which was that of his maternal grandfather Thomas Meyrick) in lieu of his patronymic in 1858. He was returned to Parliament for Pembroke in 1868, a seat he held until 1874. In 1880 he was created a Baronet, of Bush House in the Parish of St Mary in the County of Pembroke and of Apley Castle in the parish of Wellington in the County of Salop.
Mayrick served in the army, and became a lieutenant-colonel. After he had retired from the regular army, he was on 19 March 1902 appointed Honorary colonel of the 3rd (Militia) Battalion the King's (Shropshire Light Infantry).
- Lundy 2014, p. 1713 § 1712 cites Mosley 2003, p. 2676
- "No. 22125". The London Gazette. 9 April 1858. p. 1793.
- "No. 24840". The London Gazette. 30 April 1880. p. 2786.
- "No. 27417". The London Gazette. 18 March 1902. p. 1887.
- "No. 26947". The London Gazette. 14 March 1898. p. 1686.
- "No. 28388". The London Gazette (Supplement to the London Gazette Extraordinary). 24 June 1910. p. 4476.
- Lundy 2011, p. 5027 § 50270 cites Mosley 2003, p. 1918
- Lundy, Darryl (2 November 2014), Sir Thomas Charlton Meyrick, 1st Bt., The Peerage, p. 1713 § 17125 cites:
- Mosley 2003, p. 2676
- Lundy, Darryl (5 December 2011), Mary Rhoda Hill, The Peerage, p. 5027 § 50270 cites:
- Mosley, Charles, ed. (2003), Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 2 (107th in three volumes ed.), Wilmington, Delaware: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books), p. 1918
- Kidd, Charles, Williamson, David (editors). Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage (1990 edition). New York: St Martin's Press, 1990.
- Leigh Rayment's Peerage Pages
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
Sir Hugh Owen
| Member of Parliament for Pembroke
|Baronetage of the United Kingdom|
Frederick Charlton Meyrick
|This biography of a baronet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Conservative Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom born in the 1830s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Conservative Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom representing a Welsh constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|