August 17, 1987 |
|September 2, 2012, for the Cleveland Indians|
|Last MLB appearance|
|August 7, 2013, for the Chicago Cubs|
|Runs batted in||2|
Thomas Neal (born August 17, 1987) is a retired American professional baseball outfielder who is currently a hitting coach for the San Francisco Giants organization. He has played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Cleveland Indians, New York Yankees and Chicago Cubs.
Major League career
Neal was designated for assignment by the Indians on January 3, 2013 to make room for Nick Swisher on their roster. He was released by the Indians on January 12, 2013. The New York Yankees signed him to a minor-league contract later that month. The Yankees promoted Neal to the major leagues on June 14. He was sent back down to Triple-A on June 22. He was recalled again on July 20, sent back down on July 26, and designated for assignment August 2.
He became a free agent after the 2015 season. Retired after 2015 season and now a minor league hitting coach in the SF Giants Organization..
- Torenli, John (2009-04-29). "Neal cycles in San Jose rout". MLB.com. Major League Baseball Advanced Media. Retrieved 2011-03-14.
- "Recent". The San Francisco Chronicle. July 30, 2011.
- Bastian, Jordan (September 1, 2012). "Indians ready for influx of fresh faces". MLB.com. Major League Baseball Advanced Media. Retrieved September 1, 2012.
- Lastoria, Tony (January 3, 2013). "Indians officially sign Swisher, designate Neal". Indians Baseball Insider. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- Ocker, Sheldon (January 12, 2013). "Tribe releases Neal". Akron Beacon Journal. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- Marchand, Andrew (January 31, 2013). "Heathcott, Sanchez & Austin in MLB camp". ESPNNewYork.com. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20130618035008/http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/yankeesblog/yankees_call_up_bootcheck_neal_from_11Y5SI2cr8mppTMsAeBhiL. Archived from the original on June 18, 2013. Missing or empty