|Full name||Thomas Pinault|
|Date of birth||4 December 1981|
|Place of birth||Grasse, France|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Playing position||Central midfield|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:57, 15 June 2010 (UTC).
His career started in the 1998–99 season when he was promoted to the first team squad with French club Cannes. After only one season in his native country, he had failed to break into the club's first team and was released in the summer of 1999.
Pinault moved to England with Colchester United. He made his debut in English football on 14 August 1999 in a 3-0 home defeat against Notts County. Pinault would go on to make over 150 appearances in all competitions for the Layer Road club until his departure in June 2004.
After unsuccessful trials with Northampton Town and Dundee United, the central midfielder moved to Grimsby Town on a free transfer in the summer of 2004, becoming one of Russell Slade's first new signings of his managerial tenure at Blundell Park. Despite a positive start to his career at Grimsby and being regarded as a first team regular throughout the 2004-2005 season, Pinault was released at the end of his first season by Slade, and had received strong criticism from his manager following an away fixture at Notts County.
His whereabouts were unknown for a season before he reappeared at Brentford. Leroy Rosenior made him a new signing at the club, where he went on to score once against Nottingham Forest. After the club were relegated from League One, Pinault was released, subsequently securing a move to non-league Crawley Town in July 2007.
|“||Grimsby was a really bad place to live. The town was really old and there wasn't much to do there. It was full of fishermen and it smelled of fish all the time.||”|
|— Brentford midfielder Thomas Pinault kicks up a stink over his spell with the Mariners.|
- "Cobblers give Pinault trial". BBC Sport. 2004-07-06. Retrieved 2008-10-30.
- "Raith Rovers v Dundee United". Dundee United FC. 2004-07-21. Archived from the original on 2004-12-13. Retrieved 2008-10-30.
- "Brentford 2-4 Nottm Forest". BBC. 14 April 2007. Retrieved 1 August 2010.
- "Bees sign Mackie after clear-out". BBC Sport. 2007-05-16. Retrieved 2008-10-30.
- "Crawley sign midfielder Pinault". BBC Sport. 2007-07-13. Retrieved 2008-10-30.
- Pinault leaves Crawley Crawleytownfc.com
- Sporting Life: Clermont mourn Pinault
- "Quotes of the Year Part II". BBC Sport. 2007-01-01. Retrieved 2008-10-30.