Thomas R. Schreiner
This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Thomas R. Schreiner|
|Occupation||James Buchanan Harrison Professor of New Testament Interpretation at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary|
|Education||Western Oregon University, Western Conservative Baptist Seminary, Fuller Theological Seminary|
|Alma mater||Fuller Theological Seminary (Ph.D.)|
|Discipline||New Testament studies|
Bethel Theological Seminary|
Azusa Pacific University
Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
|Main interests||Pauline theologies|
|Notable works||Romans in the Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament Series|
Thomas R. Schreiner is an American New Testament scholar. He is the James Buchanan Harrison Professor of New Testament Interpretation at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He previously taught at Bethel Theological Seminary and Azusa Pacific University. He is also co-chairman of the Christian Standard Bible's Translation Oversight Committee.
From 2001 to 2015, Schreiner served as the Pastor of Preaching at Clifton Baptist Church in Louisville, Kentucky. He currently serves as an elder at Clifton. His son, Patrick, is also a New Testament scholar, teaching at Schreiner's alma mater of Western Seminary.
- Interpreting the Pauline Epistles (Baker Book House, 1990)
- Women in the Church: A Fresh Analysis of 1 Timothy 2:9-15 revised edition (Baker Academic, 1995)
- The Grace of God, The Bondage of the Will a two-volume set which he co-edited with Bruce A. Ware (Baker Books, 1995)
- The Law and Its Fulfillment: A Pauline Theology of Law (Baker Academic, 1998)
- Romans (BECNT) (Baker Academic, 1998)
- Still Sovereign: Contemporary Perspectives on Election, Foreknowledge, and Grace co-authored with Bruce A. Ware (Baker Academic, 2000)
- The Race Set Before Us: A Biblical Theology of Perseverance and Assurance (InterVarsity Press, 2001)
- Paul Apostle of God's Glory in Christ: A Pauline Theology (InterVarsity Press, 2001)
- 1 and 2 Peter and Jude (NAC) (Holman Bible Publishers, 2003)
- Believer's Baptism: Sign of the New Covenant in Christ, co-edited with Shawn Wright (NACSBT) (B&H Academic, 2006)
- New Testament Theology: Magnifying God in Christ (Baker Academic, 2008)
- Magnifying God in Christ: A Summary of New Testament Theology (Baker Academic, 2010)
- The Lord's Supper: Remembering and Proclaiming Christ until He Comes, co-edited with Matthew R. Crawford (NACSBT) (B&H Academic, 2010)
- Interpreting the Pauline Epistles 2nd Edition (Baker Academic, 2011)
- The King in His Beauty: A Biblical Theology of the Old and New Testaments (Baker Academic, 2013)
- Faith Alone: The Doctrine of Justification in The 5 Solas Series: What the Reformers Taught... and Why it Still Matters ed. by Matthew Barrett (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2015)
- Hebrews (BTCP) (Holman Bible Publishers, 2016)
- "Thomas R. Schreiner". Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Archived from the original on 16 February 2009. Retrieved 28 November 2014.
- "Translation Oversight Committee - CSB". CSB. Retrieved 2017-08-13.
- "Patrick Schreiner - Western Seminary". www.westernseminary.edu. Retrieved 2017-08-13.
- "Initial Signatories". Nashville Statement. Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood. Retrieved 2 September 2017.