Rogne warming up before a Celtic match in November 2010
|Full name||Thomas Pauck Rogne|
|Date of birth||29 June 1990|
|Place of birth||Bærum, Norway|
|Height||1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2007–2009||→ Stabæk 2|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 24 November 2016.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 9 July 2013
Rogne started his career with Norwegian club Stabæk. He missed the entire 2008 season after tearing the anterior cruiciate ligament in his knee in a pre-season friendly against Russian side Krylia Sovetov in La Manga. He played for Stabæk in UEFA Champions League qualifying matches against Copenhagen and Valencia, and also represented the club in the Europa League.
Rogne signed for Celtic on 20 January 2010, and joined on a three and a half-year contract. Ex-Celtic player Vidar Riseth described him as "the best young talent to come out for Norway in the past ten years". Rogne was given the number 25 shirt.
On 10 February 2010, Rogne made his Celtic debut coming on as a substitute for Glenn Loovens in a 2–0 home win against Hearts in the SPL. He made his first start for Celtic at home against Dundee United in a 1–0 victory on 20 February 2010, he played very well and impressed the coach Tony Mowbray. Rogne impressed against Rangers on 28 February 2010 but was taken off due to a hamstring injury. He returned two months later in an away game against Dundee United but once again had to leave the field early through injury.
Rogne made his first competitive start of the 2010–11 season for Celtic against St Johnstone in a 3–0 win. In the following game he was sent off for a professional foul against Aberdeen. Despite this, Celtic went on to win the game by a record-breaking 9–0 score. He scored his first goal for Celtic in a 1–1 draw against Kilmarnock in December 2010. Rogne won many plaudits for his performance as Celtic beat Rangers 2–0 at Ibrox in the 2011 New Year derby. He scored his second goal for Celtic against Aberdeen in their 4–1 League Cup semi-final win on 29 January 2011. Rogne took part in his first major Cup Final on 20 March 2011 when Celtic played Rangers in the Scottish League Cup Final, but they lost 2–1. An injury in May sidelined Rogne for the rest of the season.
Injury kept Rogne out of the Celtic side for the first few months of the following season. He returned to the Celtic first team in October 2011 in their League Cup quarter-final tie against Hibernian. Rogne continued to struggle with a series of minor injuries, but nevertheless played well in the majority of his sporadic appearances, having kept a clean sheet in over half the games he played. On 25 March 2012, he scored in Celtic's 3–2 defeat to Rangers at Ibrox.
On 31 August 2013, Rogne made his Wigan debut at home against Nottingham Forest in a 2–1 win for the side.
Rogne has represented Norway at youth level, and played for the under-19 team in the 2009 UEFA Under-19 Championship qualification. Rogne was later captain of the under-21 team, and were playing alongside the captain Stefan Strandberg in the central defence when Norway U21 qualified for the 2013 UEFA European Under-21 Championship.
- As of 15 August 2012
- IFK Göteborg
- "List of Players under Written Contract Registered Between 01/07/2013 and 31/07/2013" (PDF). The Football Association. p. 26. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- Rogne makes Riise comparison in early switch to Scotland STV Sport, 24 January 2010
- Celtic 1 – 0 Dundee Utd: Josh Thompson and Thomas Rogne give Celtic no need to worry Scotsman.com, 22 February 2010
- Thomas Rogne UEFA.com
- "Celtic sign former Stabaek defender Thomas Rogne". BBC Sport. 20 January 2010. Retrieved 20 January 2010.
- "Thomas Rogne signs for Celtic as Tony Mowbray bolsters his defence with young Norwegian". Mail Online. Associated Newspapers. 21 January 2010. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
- Hannah, Roger (21 January 2010). "This kid is Norway's best for 10 years". The Scottish Sun. News Group Newspapers. Retrieved 21 January 2010.
- First Team Players Celtic FC
- Celtic 2 Hearts 0: Bhoys win to close gap on leaders Rangers to eight points as Robbie Keane makes his home debut Mail Online, 12 February 2010
- Mowbray praises Celtic defenders Thompson and Rogne BBC Sport, 20 February 2010
- Thomas Rogne would welcome arrival of Campbell at Celtic The Scotsman, 16 June 2010
- Rangers v Celtic: player ratings Telegraph, 1 March 2010
- Hoops secure in second ESPN Soccernet, 25 April 2010
- Dundee United 0 Celtic 2: match report The Telegraph, 25 April 2010
- Rogne in for the long haul Express.co.uk, 1 November 2010
- Celtic defender Thomas Rogne sets sights on regular place after making latest comeback Daily Record, 1 November 2010
- Gamecast: Celtic v Aberdeen ESPN Soccernet, 6 November 2010
- Celtic hit nine past Aberdeen in record SPL victory The Observer, 6 November 2010
- Disappointing draw for Celts Celtic FC, 21 December 2010
- Daniel Majstorovic blasts Celtic doubters ... and makes title pledge Evening Times, 3 January 2011
- Celtic ace Thomas Rogne has all the attributes to be a top class defender, says ex-Rangers stopper Henning Berg Daily Record, 4 January 2011
- Rangers v Celtic – Player ratings guardian.co.uk, 2 January 2011
- Aberdeen 1 – 4 Celtic BBC Sport, 29 January 2011
- Campbell, Andy (20 March 2011). "Celtic 1 - 2 Rangers". BBC Sport. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- Slevison, Andrew (28 October 2011). "LENNON HOPING CELTIC'S ROGNE CAN REMAIN INJURY-FREE". tribal football. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- MacDonald, Hugh (13 January 2012). "No crisis of faith for Thomas Rogne or Celtic". Herald Online. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- "Rangers stun nine-man Celtic in thriller". BBC Sport. 25 March 2012. Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- "Thomas Rogne klar för IFK Göteborg" (in Swedish). IFK Göteborg. 14 March 2015. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- John Rasmussen; Sigbjørn Strand (16 October 2012). "- Surrealistisk! Helt sykt! Jeg har ikke ord!" (in Norwegian). Dagbladet. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- First international honours for Celtic defender STV Sport, 14 March 2011
- Celtic’s Rogne to face O’Neill in first match Scotsman.com, 29 February 2012
- Wednesday's international friendlies BBC Sport, 29 February 2012
- "Thomas Rogne". Elite Prospects. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- "T. Rogne". Soccerway. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- "Thomas Rogne". National Football Teams. Retrieved 9 July 2013.