|New York State Comptroller|
December 22, 2006 – February 7, 2007
|Preceded by||Alan Hevesi|
|Succeeded by||Thomas DiNapoli|
|Born||1955 (age 63–64)|
Brooklyn, New York City, U.S.
Tom is the Director of Finance for the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis. He is the author of several studies on coal plants, rate impacts, credit analyses, and public and private financial structures for the energy industry.
He began working in the Comptroller's Office in 1994, and was appointed First Deputy Comptroller by Alan Hevesi in 2003. After Hevesi's resignation, he was Acting New York State Comptroller from December 22, 2006, to February 7, 2007.
He served as Acting Comptroller until Thomas DiNapoli was elected Comptroller by the New York State Legislature. DiNapoli reappointed Sanzillo First Deputy Comptroller on March 7, 2007. On July 26, 2007, Sanzillo resigned as First Deputy Comptroller. He is now a financial advisor with T. R. Rose and Associates in New York City.
Sanzillo is quoted frequently in the press and publishes research and commentary frequently on IEEFA.org.
- "Institute for Energy Economics & Financial Analysis". Institute for Energy Economics & Financial Analysis. Retrieved 2017-05-23.
- "Author at Institute for Energy Economics & Financial Analysis". Institute for Energy Economics & Financial Analysis. Retrieved 2017-05-23.
- Vergano, Dan (2017-03-28). "Coal Just Won The War On Coal. But Coal Miners Are Still Screwed". BuzzFeed. Retrieved 2017-05-23.
- Knudsen, Camilla (2017-03-31). "Norway's wealth fund may be allowed to invest in unlisted stocks next year". www.reuters.com. Retrieved 2017-05-23.
- Associated Press, BLAKE NICHOLSON (2017-05-14). "Oil pipeline opponents try going after the money". CNBC. Retrieved 2017-05-23.
- NYT on July 27, 2007
- Johnson, Mark (2006-12-22). "Hevesi Pleads Guilty, Resigns From Office". New York Sun. Retrieved 2007-04-18.
- "DiNapoli Sworn in as New York State's 54th Comptroller" (Press release). Office of the New York State Comptroller. 2007-02-07. Archived from the original on 2007-02-19. Retrieved 2007-04-18. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "DiNapoli Names Sanzillo First Deputy Comptroller" (Press release). Office of the New York State Comptroller. 2007-03-07. Archived from the original on 2011-06-10. Retrieved 2007-04-18. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- New York Daily News
| New York State Comptroller