|Part of a series of articles on|
After his retirement from the judiciary in 1896, Troward set out to apply logic and a judicial weighing of evidence in the study of matters of cause and effect. The philosopher William James characterized Troward’s Edinburgh Lectures on Mental Science as "far and away the ablest statement of philosophy I have met, beautiful in its sustained clearness of thought and style, a really classic statement."
According to Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) archivist Nell Wing, early AA members were strongly encouraged to read Thomas Troward's Edinburgh Lectures on Mental Science. In the opening of the 2006 film The Secret, introductory remarks credit Troward's philosophy with inspiring the movie and its production.
Troward was a past president of the International New Thought Alliance.
|Wikisource has original works written by or about:|
- The Edinburgh Lectures on Mental Science 1904
- The Dore Lectures on Mental Science 1909
- The Creative Process in the Individual 1915
- Bible Mystery and Bible Meaning 1913
- The Law and the Word 1917
- The Hidden Power and Other Papers on Mental Science 1921
- The History and Philosophy of the Metaphysical Movements in America - Page 209 by J. Stillson Judah - Sects - 1967
- The Science of Living the Life You've Always Wanted - Page 207 by Richard Lanoue, Author Richard Lanoue
- Hart, Kenneth Recovery From Alcoholism: The 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous and Eastern Spirituality, accessed September 2008.
- Screenwriter Claims 'The Secret' Has Its Roots in a 100-Year-Old Philosophy Called the New Thought Movement
- Kelly, Karen (2007). The secret of the secret: unlocking the mysteries of the runaway bestseller. New York: Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin's Press. ISBN 0-312-37790-8.
- Capelouto, Nina. "Metaphysical Teacher Genevieve Behrend Born 1881". Bios of Metaphysical Teachers, Metaphysics, Thoughts Are Things. Metaphysical Teachers. Archived from the original on 5 November 2012. Retrieved 7 April 2013.
- BEHREND, GENEVIEVE. "Your Invisible Power". THE ELIZABETH TOWNE CO. INC. Retrieved 7 April 2013.
- Thomas Troward, the Man & His Work, Harry Gaze