Location of Thomasboro in Champaign County, Illinois.
|• Village president||Tyler Evans|
|• Total||0.99 sq mi (2.58 km2)|
|• Land||0.99 sq mi (2.58 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||1,089.45/sq mi (420.51/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
The village has the name of John Thomas, a pioneer settler.
Thomasboro is located at (40.242025, -88.187745).
According to the 2010 census, Thomasboro has a total area of 1 square mile (2.59 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,233 people, 495 households, and 334 families residing in the village. The population density was 1,191.1 people per square mile (457.8/km2). There were 525 housing units at an average density of 507.2 per square mile (194.9/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 95.38% White, 1.30% African American, 0.24% Native American, 0.73% Asian, 0.08% Pacific Islander, 0.73% from other races, and 1.54% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.22% of the population.
There were 495 households, out of which 34.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 53.3% were married couples living together, 9.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 32.5% were non-families. 25.9% of all households were made up of individuals, and 9.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.49 and the average family size was 3.03.
In the village, the population was spread out, with 27.3% under the age of 18, 7.4% from 18 to 24, 31.8% from 25 to 44, 20.8% from 45 to 64, and 12.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females, there were 95.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 91.7 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $39,667, and the median income for a family was $47,212. Males had a median income of $31,595 versus $23,182 for females. The per capita income for the village was $17,866. About 4.2% of families and 4.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.6% of those under age 18 and 4.1% of those age 65 or over.
- Mark Arie, winner of two 1920 Summer Olympics gold medals in shooting, was born in Thomasboro.
- Terry Shaw A.K.A. "T.Shaw", winner of 2009 VH1 Tool Academy (season 2).
Village President Tyler Evans attended the Trump rally in Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021. Evans wrongly accused the media of lying about the violence online afterward. He later issued a statement apologizing for his comments and condemning the violence at the Capitol.
- "2019 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved July 14, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". United States Census Bureau. May 24, 2020. Retrieved May 27, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Illinois Central Magazine. Illinois Central Railroad Company. 1922. p. 46.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "G001 - Geographic Identifiers - 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2020-02-13. Retrieved 2015-12-25. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Thomasboro, Illinois.|