Thompson Municipal Airport
Loading up to head to some nearby fires
|Owner/Operator||Thompson Regional Airport Authority|
|Serves||Thompson, Manitoba, Canada|
|Time zone||CST (UTC−06:00)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC−05:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||735 ft / 224 m|
Thompson Municipal Airport (IATA: YTH, ICAO: CYTH) is an airport located 3 nautical miles (5.6 km; 3.5 mi) north of Thompson, Manitoba, Canada. It is the third-busiest airport in Manitoba after Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport and Winnipeg/St. Andrews Airport.
Thompson Airport was developed originally by the International Nickel Company in 1961 to support their mining operations and had one runway 3,000 ft (914 m) in length.
The airport was transferred to Transport Canada in 1963. It was then operated by the Local Government District of Mystery Lake until March 2000, when ownership was taken over by the Thompson Regional Airport Authority, which is the current operator.
The airport is served by Calm Air and Perimeter Aviation with flights to Winnipeg. There are also bases for Custom Helicopters, Wings Over Kississing, Fast Air Royal Canadian Mounted Police Air Services Branch and Manitoba Government Air Services. During the fire fighting season, Thompson is home to the Government Air water bombers.
Airlines and destinations
|Calm Air||Churchill, Coral Harbour, Flin Flon, Gillam, Rankin Inlet, Repulse Bay, The Pas, Winnipeg|
|Perimeter Aviation||Brochet, Gods Lake Narrows, Gods River, Lac Brochet, Oxford House, Shamattawa, Tadoule Lake, Winnipeg, York Landing|
- Airport Divestiture Status Report
- Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 3 January 2019 to 0901Z 28 February 2019.
- Synoptic/Metstat Station Information
- Total aircraft movements by class of operation — NAV CANADA flight service stations
- Calm Air schedule Archived 2011-09-30 at the Wayback Machine
- Perimeter Aviation schedule
- Custom Helicopters
- Wings Over Kississing
- Fast Air
- Thompson Municipal Airport
- Past three hours METARs, SPECI and current TAFs for Thompson Municipal Airport from Nav Canada as available.
|This article about an airport in Manitoba is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|