Thonburi Market (Thai: ตลาดธนบุรี), also known as Sanam Luang Song (สนามหลวง 2) is the market in Thailand. Located at 195/1 Moo 1 Thawi Watthana Road (formerly called Liab Khlong Thawi Wattana Road), Thawi Watthana Subdistrict, Thawi Watthana District, Bangkok 10170. It's the largest market in Thonburi side.
Thonburi Market has been open since 2000, by Bangkok Metropolitan Administration has policy is to build a new public park and market in the Thonburi area like Chatuchak Weekend Market of Phra Nakhon side. In the first phase, available for weekends only. Until in 2002, Samak Sundaravej was the Governor of Bangkok extend the available as daily and was officially named Thonburi Market as it's today.
Thonburi Market has 110 rai of land (about 43 acres), divided into 60 rai of public park and 40 rai of market with 10 rai of entrance. Thonburi Market sells many different kinds of goods, including plants, antiques, second-hand goods, pets, food and drinks, fresh and dry food, fashion clothings, ceramics, amulets, furniture and home accessories etc. Especially plants, it's considered as the largest orchid trade center in Thailand, including ornamental fishes. It's divided into 11 sections.
Based on 2002 data only weekends. There're about 2,500 cars a day.
Thonburi market is a market that characteristic not other market. Because nearby is a coconut garden flanked by a water-furrows. And also located in Thawi Watthana District, which is the suburb of Bangkok as a district that is known as bestest atmosphere. So, This market is suitable for people who like to take a stroll, exercise and relax.
- Thawi Wanarom Park: It's a one area of Thonburi Market, the 60 rai public park was officially opened in 2005 by Apirak Kosayodhin as the Governor of Bangkok.
- Khlong Thawi Watthana: One of the major khlong (คลอง; canal in Thai) in the Thonburi area of Bangkok.
- Bangkokthonburi University: The private higher education institution.
- Wat Sala Daeng: An old temple built in 1876.
- Utthayan Avenue or usually known as Axis Avenue: One road adjacent to Phutthamonthon. It's nearly 4 km (about 2.4 mi) long, and is recognized as the most beautiful road in Thailand.
- Thawi Watthana Palace: Maha Vajiralongkorn's residence, the present King of Thailand.
- Phutthamonthon: The spacious Buddhist park in the Amphoe Phutthamonthon, Nakhon Pathom province, west of Bangkok. The landmark here is the large walking Buddha statue posture.
- BMTA bus: route 91ก: fare 8 baht
- Songthaew (Thai minibus style) from Bang Khae Fresh Market: fare 5 baht
- "พื้นที่เช่าขายของในตลาดธนบุรีหรือตลาดนัดสนามหลวง 2" [Rental space for sale in Thonburi Market or Sanam Luang Song Flea Market]. ทำเลขายของ.com (in Thai). 2013-12-10.
- หน้า 53-58, ตลาดธนบุรี (สนามหลวง 2) โดย ป้าอ้วน. "Scoop". นิตยสาร sm@RTPET: ปีที่ 1 ฉบับที่ 7 มิถุนายน 2545 (Thonburi Market (Sanam Luang 2) Thai: ภาษาไทย
- "สวนทวีวนารมย์" [Thawi Wanarom Park]. Thawi Watthana District (in Thai).
- "เที่ยวถนนอุทยาน (ถนนอักษะ)ถนนที่สวยและแพงที่สุดในไทย" [Travel Utthayan Avenue (Axis Road), the most beautiful and costly road in Thailand]. Travel.thaiza (in Thai). 2012-03-05.