|Directed by||Dileesh Pothan|
Anish M. Thomas
|Screenplay by||Sajeev Pazhoor|
Alencier Ley Lopez
|Edited by||Kiran Das|
Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum (English: The Mainour and the Witness) is a 2017 Indian Malayalam-language family-drama film directed by Dileesh Pothan and written by Sajeev Pazhoor. Syam Pushkaran co-wrote the dialogues and is also credited as the creative director. The film stars Suraj Venjaramoodu, Fahadh Faasil, Nimisha Sajayan, Alencier Ley Lopez and Sibi Thomas. Rajeev Ravi was the cinematographer, while the songs and score were composed by Bijibal.
Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum was released in India on 30 June 2017. The film won two awards at the 48th Kerala State Film Awards—Best Screenplay and Best Character Actor (Alencier). At the 65th National Film Awards, it won three awards—Best Original Screenplay, Best Feature Film in Malayalam, and Best Supporting Actor (Fahadh).
This article needs an improved plot summary. (October 2017)
The story follows the newly married inter-caste couple, Sreeja (Nimisha) and Prasad (Suraj Venjaramoodu), from Cherthala who move up north to Kasaragod. On a bus journey, Sreeja's gold chain is stolen by a thief also called Prasad (Fahadh_Faasil). He swallows the chain but not before Sreeja notices it. He gets caught by the passengers who take him to the nearby police station. On police inquiry, the thief denies the act. Eventually, after a medical examination, the chain is found stuck inside his stomach. How to extract the chain, then becomes the question.
- Suraj Venjaramoodu as Prasad, A Farmer
- Fahadh Faasil as Prasad, the thief
- Nimisha Sajayan as Sreeja ( voice over by Srinda Arhaan )
- Alencier Ley Lopez as A.S.I. Chandran
- Vettukili Prakash as Sreekandan, Sreeja's father
- Mini K. S. as Sreeja's mother
- Sibi Thomas as Sub Inspector Sajan Mathew
- K. T. Sudhakaran as Sudhakaran
- K. T. Balachandran as Babu sir
- Unniraj Chervathur as Rajesh Ambalathara
- Shince Mathew
- Surabhi Mundath Payaneer
- P. Sivadas as Police writer
- Aravindan as Faizal
- Sarath Kovilakam as Sarath
- Senior Civil Police Officer Sadhanandan as Police constable
Initially Pazhoor thought of directing the film himself, before Pothan came on-board. About the genre of the film, Pothen said that he is not sure which genre the film falls in, but it surely has the elements of a "family drama". For some of the police roles, the film features real-life police officers in the cast. Newcomer Nimisha Sajayan was selected from general auditions. Principal photography commenced from 7 December 2016 in Kasaragod. Other locations include Vaikom and Cherthala.
|Soundtrack album by Bijibal|
|Released||28th June 2017|
|Genre||Feature Film Soundtrack|
Sandip Senan |
Anish M. Thomas
All tracks written by Rafeeq Ahamed.
|1.||"Kannile Poika"||Ganesh Sundaram, Soumya Ramakrishnan||3:16|
|2.||"Aayilyam"||Sithara, Govind Menon||3:07|
Critic Veeyen termed the movie has sardonic wisecracks and the continual cackles, which fundamentally holds the charm of an otherwise unexciting film. He closes of by signifying the exceptional intelligence and grace the film has in terms of flow.
Bharadwaj, in the review of the film, stated that "Fahadh Faasil's equal parts lazy and wily trickster acting and Alencier Ley Lopez's character acting as luminously exceptional." He praises on the beauty of police office politics that Dileesh & Sajeev was able to portray as the drive that calibrates the film. Manorama praises real-life police officer Sibi Thomas for his comedic and yet balanced performance.
Director Shekhar Kapur, jury chairman of 65th National Film Awards commented: "Brilliant film, impressive performance. First you will think it is a simple film with usual romance and elopement. But how subtle are the things introduced in the film? The movie takes a serious turn by the end, leaving you appalled. I have never seen such an excellent performance by actors,".
- Best Screenplay - Sajeev Pazhoor
- Best Character Actor - Alencier Ley Lopez
- Best Feature Film in Malayalam
- Best Original Screenplay - Sajeev Pazhoor
- Best Supporting Actor - Fahadh Faasil
- Asianet Film Awards for Best Film
- Asianet Film Awards for Best Actor - Fahadh Faasil
- Asianet Film Awards for Best Supporting Actor - Alencier Ley Lopez
- "Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum". filmibeat.com. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Grand reception to Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum, audience go gaga over it". OnManorama. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum review: magically realistic". OnManorama. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- Praveen, S. R. (13 April 2018). "In conversation with Sajeev Pazhoor, this year's National Award winner for original screenplay". The Hindu. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- James, Anu (25 July 2016). "Exclusive: Dileesh Pothan opens up on Fahadh Faasil-starrer 'Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum'". International Business Times. Retrieved 13 April 2018.
- "Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum starts rolling". onlookersmedia. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Bjibal to compose for Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum". indiatimes. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum Malayalam Movie Review". Veeyen Unplugged. 30 June 2017. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- Deepak Joy, "'Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum', a film that redefines concept of right and wrong" The Week April 14, 2018 
- "65th National Film Awards announcement LIVE UPDATES". The Indian Express. 13 April 2018.