Thonock is a small settlement in the West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire, England. It is situated approximately 2 miles (3 km) north from the town of Gainsborough, and on the A159 road The population is included in the civil parish of Blyton.
Thonock is listed as a deserted medieval village, but there are no visible earthworks. It existed as a part of Gainsborough in the early 14th century, and as a small settlement, including the hamlet of Havercroft, in later centuries, when High and Low (Nether) Thonock were mentioned. Havercroft lost settlement is located at OS Grid Reference SK 82799 93194 in the present parish of Morton. There are no earthworks however aerial photography clearly shows the boundaries of the village bisected by the Gainsborough to Grimsby railway line.
A golf club is based at Thonock Park.
- "Thonock". Domesday Map. Ann Powell-Smith/University of Hull. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
- Historic England. "Thonock DMV (891769)". PastScape. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
- "Thonock CP". Vision of Britain. University of Portsmouth. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
- "Gainsborough Golf Club". English Golf Courses. PSP. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
- Media related to Thonock at Wikimedia Commons