|Directed by||Gaurav Narayanan|
|Produced by||Dhayanidhi Alagiri|
|Written by||Gaurav Narayanan|
|Music by||Sundar C Babu|
|Edited by||T. S. Suresh|
Thoonga Nagaram (transl. Sleepless city) is a 2011 Indian Tamil-language action thriller film written and directed by debutant Gaurav Narayanan, starring himself along with Vimal, Bharani, Nishanth, and Anjali in the lead roles. The film, produced by Dhayanidhi Alagiri's Cloud Nine Movies, was shot entirely in Madurai, the city where the story takes place and which the title refers to. It was released on 4 February 2011 to relatively positive reviews and excellent box office collection.
Kannan (Vimal), Ayyavu (Bharani), Rajamani (Gaurav Narayanan), and Mariappan (Nishanth) are four friends who live their lives in their own way in Madurai. They are callous youths who go hammer and tongs to make both ends meet. Kannan, a wedding videographer, comes across his cousin Radha (Anjali), who is a compere in a local cable TV channel, and love blossoms between them. However, one event changes the course of their life. Kannan bashes a youth for taking obscene video clippings of a girl and blackmailing her with ulterior motive. The youth’s father (Kamala theatre owner Raju) finds out the men behind the attack on his son. He hatches a conspiracy and ensures that the friends themselves turn foes for each other. In the meantime, it is time for Kannan to tie the knot with Radha. Did the baddie succeed in his mission is the crux of the story.
- Vimal as Thavuttu Raja (Kannan)
- Anjali as Kalaivani (Radha/Theru Trisha)
- Bharani as Ayyavu
- Gaurav Narayanan as Rajamani
- Nishanth as Mariappan
- V. N. Chidambaram as Periya Thappa (Kalaivani Father)
- Arun Kumar as Periya Thappa Brother
- Subbu Panchu
- Yogi Babu
- Lizzie Antony as Thahsildar's wife
- Madhumitha as Special Appearance
The film was a commercial success grossing nearly $2million at the box office in 6 weeks.
|Soundtrack album to Thoonga Nagaram by|
|Released||5 January 2011|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Producer||Sundar C Babu|
|Sundar C Babu chronology|
The soundtrack consists of seven tracks including one remix number from Penn tuned by Sundar C. Babu. It was released by Think Music and the audio launch took place on 5 January 2011 at Sathyam Cinemas. Directors Sasikumar, KV Anand, Samuthirakani, Gautham Menon, Lingusamy, Ameer, KS Ravikumar, producer Dhayanidhi Alagiri were the chief guests. The soundtrack received positive reviews.
|1.||"Vaigai Siricha Thoonganagaram"||S Gnanakaravel||Palghat Sriram||04:19|
|2.||"Koorana Paarvaigal"||Thamarai||Hariharan, Chinmayi||04:45|
|3.||"Kalyanam Kalyanam"||Narayana Kavi||Chandrababu, Karthik||04:18|
|4.||"Ettu Kangalukkum"||S Gnanakaravel||Madhu Balakrishnan||04:38|
|5.||"Nee Siricha Kondattam"||S Annamalai||Shankar Mahadevan||04:33|
|6.||"Rhythm of Thoonganagaram" (Theme Music 1)||Instrumental||Sundar C. Babu||00:55|
|7.||"Theme of Thoonganagaram" (Theme Music 2)||Instrumental||Sundar C. Babu||01:22|
- "'Thoonga Nagaram' – Cloud 9 launches next film – Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 30 January 2010. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Thoonga Nagaram Tamil Movie Review – cinema preview stills gallery trailer video clips showtimes". IndiaGlitz. 5 February 2011. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Events - 'Thoonga Nagaram' Movie Launch". IndiaGlitz. 30 January 2010. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "THOONGA NAGARAM MUSIC REVIEW - THOONGA NAGARAM MP3 DOWNLOAD - TAMIL MOVIE THOONGA NAGARAM MUSIC REVIEW - TAMIL SONGS DOWNLOAD - TAMIL FILM MUSIC - THOONGA NAGARAM MP3 - THOONGA NAGARAM SONGS". Behindwoods.com. Retrieved 5 August 2012.