Thor & Loki: Blood Brothers
Thor & Loki: Blood Brothers is a four episode motion comic from Marvel Knights Animation released in April 2011.[needs update] It is based on the 2004 miniseries Loki by Robert Rodi and Esad Ribic.
A DVD containing all four episodes was released on September 13, 2011 from Shout! Factory.
Loki has become the ruler of Asgard. However, he does not have dominion over Hela, the goddess of death. Loki is demanding fealty from everyone in Asgard. Hela asks Loki for the soul of Thor for her "legions in Nifelheim". Goddess Sif is imprisoned at the ending of the first segment.
Karnilla, the queen god of Nornheim meets Loki in the second segment. She pleads for the release of Balder from imprisonment. In the third segment, Loki orders the destruction of the Rainbow Bridge. In a flashback, Odin defeats Laufey in battle.
In the final segment, Loki refuses to execute Thor and spurns Hela.
According to producer Ruwan Jayatilleke, the voice cast was drawn from the Broadway theater, but under pseudonyms. Nevertheless, the credited cast is:
- David Blair as Loki, god of tricks who has become the ruler of Asgard
- Daniel Thorn as Thor, god of thunder
- Katharine Chesterton as Hela, goddess of death
- Ziggy McShane as Daia, concubine
- Serena Merriman as Farbauti of Jotunheim
- Phoebe Stewart as Karnilla
- Deborah Jane McKinely as Frigga, Lorelei
- Elizabeth Diennet as Sif
- Joe Teiger as Odin
- Barney Townsend as Young Loki
- James Hampshire as Balder
- Rich Orlov as Warden
- Heimdall, guardian of the rainbow bridge
- "Exclusive: Thor, Loki Throw Down in Blood Brothers" Underwire blog from Wired
- "Marvel Announces 'Thor & Loki: Blood Brothers" Archived 2011-03-19 at the Wayback Machine. Comics Alliance
- Thor & Loki: Blood Brothers Animated Series Review
- MARVEL TV: Thor & Loki: Blood Brothers official website
|This Marvel Comics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|