From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Thorax or thorax in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The thorax is the human chest, or division of an animal's body that lies between the head and the abdomen.
Thorax may also refer to:
- The thorax in insects, see Thorax (insect anatomy)
- Thorax Ancient Greek armour, see Linothorax
- Thorax porcellana, a species of cockroach
- Thorax of Larissa, an ancient Greek noble of the 5th century BC
- Thorax of Lacedaemonia, a Lacedaemonian commander of the late 5th/early 4th century BC
- Thorax, who commissioned the 10th Pythian Ode of Pindar, in which the names of Thorax and his lover Hippocleas are immortalized
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Thorax.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.