|LGA(s)||Shire of Mareeba|
Thornborough is a town and locality in Shire of Mareeba in Queensland, Australia. It rose to prominence in the 1870s as a gold mining town in the Hodgkinson Minerals Area. Today, there are very few buildings remaining in the town. It is within the local government area of Shire of Mareeba (between 2008 and 2013, it was within the Tablelands Region).
The town of Kingsborough, another former mining town, is located to the north-east of the town of Thornborough.
Thorborough has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
- off Dimbulah-Mount Mulligan Road, Kingsborough: General Grant Mine
- off former East Street (now Kingsborough-Thornborough Road), Kingsborough: Kingsborough Battery
- Kingsborough-Thornborough Road: Tyrconnel Mine and Battery
- "Thornborough - town (entry 48384)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
- "Thornborough - locality (entry 45856)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
- "NORTHERN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS.". Townsville Daily Bulletin. Qld.: National Library of Australia. 19 June 1951. p. 7. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- "Hodgkinson Goldfield.". The Queenslander. Brisbane: National Library of Australia. 26 May 1877. p. 24. Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- "General Grant Mine and Winding Plant (entry 600683)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "Kingsborough Battery (entry 600682)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "Tyrconnel Mine and Battery (entry 600687)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
Media related to Thornborough, Queensland at Wikimedia Commons