Thottal Poo Malarum
|Thottal Poo Malarum|
|Directed by||P. Vasu|
|Produced by||P. Vasu|
|Written by||P. Vasu|
|Music by||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|Cinematography||Akash Ashok Kumar|
|Edited by||KMK. Palanivel|
Sapphire Media & Infrastructure
Thottal Poo Malarum (English: The flower will bloom, when touched) is a 2007 Tamil romance film written and directed by P. Vasu, starring his son Sakthi Vasu and Gowri Munjal, two newcomers, in lead roles. Rajkiran, Sukanya, Nassar, Vadivelu and Santhanam played supporting roles. The music was composed by Yuvan Shankar Raja. The film was released on 3 August 2007 and became an average grosser.
Ravi (Sakthi), a happy-go-lucky youngster, falls in instant love with Anjali (Gauri Munjal), his college mate. Anjali's mother Periya Nayagie (Sukanya), a rich and an arrogant entrepreneur, tries to play spoilsport in their romance. She arranges for her daughter's wedding with the son of a dreaded gangster Varadharaja Vandaiyar (Raj Kiran) in Mumbai. Sakthi goes to Mumbai. He hides his true identity and manages to gain an entry into Vandiyar's family. Having won their confidence, Sakthi sets himself on a mission to marry Anjali.
- Sakthi Vasu as Ravi Thyagarajan
- Gowri Munjal as Anjali
- Rajkiran as Varadharaja Vaandiyar
- Sukanya as Periya Naayagi
- Vadivelu as Kabaaleeswaran (Kabali Khan)
- Nassar as Thyagarajan
- Ennatha Kannaiya as Blind Cardriver
- Thambi Ramaiah
- K. S. Ravikumar in a special appearance
- Madan Bob
- Pooja Gandhi in a special appearance
- Anand Kumar Murugan as Villain who will looe his hand
|Thottal Poo Malarum|
|Soundtrack album by Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|Released||23 June 2007|
|Label||Sa Re Ga Ma|
|Producer||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|Yuvan Shankar Raja chronology|
For the music of the film, P. Vasu teamed up with composer Yuvan Shankar Raja for the first time. The soundtrack was released on 23 June 2007 by Rajinikanth and Kamal Haasan. It features 6 tracks. 'Kavignar' Vaali wrote the lyrics for all the songs, except for "Kadatharen Naan Unnai", whose lyrics were written by Snehan.
|1||"Arabu Naade"||Haricharan, Yuvan Shankar Raja||5:22||'Kavignar' Vaali|
|2||"Vittal Suriyanai"||Ranjith, Yuvan Shankar Raja||4:38||'Kavignar' Vaali|
|3||"Valaiyal Karangalai"||Vijay Yesudas||4:45||'Kavignar' Vaali|
|4||"Ennai Pidicha"||Haricharan, Binny Krishna Kumar||4:35||'Kavignar' Vaali|
|5||"Vaadi Vambu Pennae"||Sujatha Mohan||4:09||'Kavignar' Vaali|
|6||"Kadatharan Naan Unnai"||Rahul Nambiar, Saindhavi||3:48||Snehan|
TSV Hari of Rediff.com described the film as "very ordinary fare," adding that "Sakthi certainly deserved better." M Bharat Kumar of News Today called it a "mediocre offering" with "predictable sequences," noting that "the son seems to have delivered the goods well, while the father has failed as a director." However, IndiaGlitz described it as a "feel-good youthful entertainer" with an "intelligent screenplay and pacy narration" that is "sure to appease film-buffs."
- "'Thottal Poo Malarum' Audio Launch". indiaglitz.com. Retrieved 2009-08-05.
- "Thottal Poo Malarum - A delight for music-lovers". indiaglitz.com. Retrieved 2009-08-05.
- "Shakthi is the Man of the Match". Behindwoods. Retrieved 2009-08-05.
- "Mix and match". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 2 November 2007. Retrieved 2009-08-05.
- Thottal Poo Malarum: Very ordinary
- IndiaGlitz - Thottal Poo Malarum Tamil Movie Review - cinema preview stills gallery trailer video clips showtimes