|Industry||Analytics, Business intelligence|
|Founded||2012Palo Alto, California, United Statesin|
|Founders||Ajeet Singh, Shashank Gupta, Vijay Ganesan, Sanjay Agrawal, Abhishek Rai, Priyendra Deshwal, Amit Prakash|
ThoughtSpot, Inc. is a technology company that produces business-intelligence analytics search software. The company is based in Sunnyvale, California with additional offices in London, Bangalore, India, Seattle and Tokyo.
ThoughtSpot was founded in 2012, and as of May 2019, had raised over $550 million in funding and putting the company into unicorn territory with a valuation close to $2 billion. ThoughtSpot's clients include the companies Walmart, Apple, BT, Bed Bath & Beyond and Hightail.
ThoughtSpot was founded in 2012 by a team of engineers who previously worked for Google, Oracle, Microsoft, Yahoo, and other Silicon Valley companies. The CEO and Co-founder, Ajeet Singh, previously co-founded the company Nutanix. In late 2012, ThoughtSpot raised $10.7 million in Series A funding led by Lightspeed Venture Partners. In 2014, the company raised $30 million in Series B funding led by Khosla Ventures.
In January 2016, the company opened an office in London in an effort to expand to the European market. In February 2016, ThoughtSpot announced that it had increased its revenue by 810 percent over the previous year. In May 2016, ThoughtSpot raised $50 million in Series C funding led by General Catalyst Partners. In October 2016, the company expanded its series C funding with an investment from Hewlett Packard Pathfinder. As part of the investment, ThoughtSpot will enter the Pathfinder program and begin selling its software on Hewlett-Packard Enterprise infrastructure.
In May 2018, the company raised $145 million in Series D funding from Sapphire Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst and others to expand its AI based analytics platform. The company is now valued over $1 billion.
In March 2019, ThoughtSpot relocated their headquarters from Palo Alto to Sunnyvale.
ThoughtSpot allows for non-technical individuals to conduct a self-service data analysis search.
In 2016, ThoughtSpot was named a "Cool Vendor in Analytics" by Gartner. In 2017, the company announced that it was included on Gartner Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms report. Later, Gartner included Thoughtspot in the leaders quadrant for Analytics and BI platforms for the years 2019 and 2020. ThoughtSpot was included in Red Herring's Top 100 North American Companies list.
- Lopez, Destiny (May 23, 2016). "ThoughtSpot Brings Total Capital Investment to Over $90 Million With Series C Funding". Equities. Retrieved July 29, 2016.
- Miller, Ron (June 18, 2014). "ThoughtSpot Grabs $30M In Series B Funding To Modernize Business Intelligence". TechCrunch. Retrieved July 29, 2016.
- Roy, Rohit (May 20, 2016). "ThoughtSpot Announces $50M Series C Funding to Lead Search-Driven Analytics for the Enterprise". Martech Advisor. Retrieved July 29, 2016.
- Kunthara, Sophia (August 28, 2019). "ThoughtSpot Raises $248M Series E, Reaches Unicorn Status". Crunchbase News. Crunchbase News. Retrieved November 14, 2019.
- "crunchbase stats".
- Vanian, Jonathan (2018-05-08). "Exclusive: ThoughtSpot Gets Huge Funding to Expand its Google-Like Search For Corporate Data". Fortune. Retrieved 2018-05-08.
- Hebbar, Prajakta. "ThoughtSpot Raises $248 Million, Plans To Utilise It To Develop AI-Driven Analytics". Retrieved 2019-10-23.
- Shieber, Jonatha (May 19, 2016). "Investors Serve Up $50 Million for ThoughtSpot's Search Engine for Enterprise Data". TechCrunch. Retrieved July 29, 2016.
- Gage, Deborah (February 5, 2014). "Former Googlers Create ThoughtSpot for Google-Like Enterprise Search". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved July 29, 2016.
- Harris, Derrick (February 5, 2014). "Nutanix Co-Founder Launches ThoughtSpot, an Appliance for Analytics". Gigaom. Retrieved July 29, 2016.
- Clancy, Heather (May 19, 2016). "Can This Startup Become the Corporate Version of Google?". Fortune. Retrieved July 29, 2016.
- "ThoughtSpot Expands Series C Funding With Hewlett Packard Pathfinder". Finsmes. October 17, 2016. Retrieved November 22, 2016.
- "ThoughtSpot Receives Series C Financing Round". Xconomy. October 18, 2016. Retrieved November 22, 2016.
- Swartz, Jon. "ThoughtSpot: A Unicorn With $145 Million in Funding". Retrieved 2018-05-09.
- Schubarth, Cromwell (March 13, 2019). "Fast-growing Palo Alto unicorn moves HQ to Sunnyvale". Biz Journals. Biz Journals. Retrieved November 14, 2019.
- Novet, Jordan (June 18, 2014). "ThoughtSpot's Google-Style Search For Business Intelligence Finds $30M". VentureBeat. Retrieved August 15, 2016.
- King, Timothy (June 7, 2016). "Gartner Names 5 Cool Vendors in Analytics, 2016". Business Intelligence Solutions Review.
- "Silicon Valley startups aim to make big data capture and prep slicker". ComputerWeekly.com.
- "2017 Red Herring North America: Top 100 Winners". Red Herring.