||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Purpose||Provider of cloud-based video management and licensing services|
|Headquarters||1530 16th Street, 6th Floor, Denver, Colorado|
|Affiliations||American Association of Political Consultants (AAPC), Association of Moving Image Archivists (AMIA), FOCAL International (the Federation of Commercial Audiovisual Libraries International), Hollywood Post Alliance (HPA), International Documentary Association (IDA), National Sports Marketing Network (NSMN), Sports Video Group (SVG)|
Wazee Digital (formerly T3Media, Inc.) offers cloud-based storage, access, and licensing for enterprise-scale video libraries. Through its licensing platform and global sales force, the company licenses sports, news, and creative footage to producers in advertising, entertainment, publishing, and emerging media. In April 2012, the company changed its name from Thought Equity Motion to T3Media, supposedly to represent the three core tenets of the business: storage, access and licensing.
T3Media works with global media companies, including BBC Motion Gallery, Paramount Pictures, Sony Pictures Entertainment, National Geographic, The New York Times, and the NCAA.
Kevin Schaff, founder and CEO of T3Media, established the business in 2003 and is responsible for overall strategy and business development across the company’s two business lines—Platform and Licensing.
T3Media’s Platform provides a range of video storage, access and licensing services for large-scale sports, news, and entertainment libraries. With the company's T3 Library Manager product, clients can search, preview, and deliver content in most major file formats through a web browser.
T3Media’s footage Licensing storefront provides sports, news, entertainment and creative footage for producers in advertising, entertainment, publishing and emerging media.
Headquartered in Denver, T3Media has a "digital refinery" in Cheyenne, Wyoming and offices in Los Angeles, New York and London. In the Burbank, California office, Wazee Digital owns and operates a Scanity film scanner.
T3Media’s investors include Adams Street Partners, Investcorp Technology Partners, Shamrock Capital Advisors, Syncom Venture Partners, Appian Ventures, and Vista Ventures. In August 2011, T3Media announced a $25 million investment from Shamrock Capital Advisors to support the continued growth of the company’s technology platform, the expansion of its cloud storage infrastructure, and the ability to service customers globally. In January 2012, Investcorp Technology Partners invested a total of $28 million in T3Media.
- Vuong, Andy (April 13, 2012). "Thought Equity Motion renamed to T3Media". Denver Post.
- "Licensing storefront".
- "T3 Library Manager".
- "Licensing storefront".
- Wauters, Robin (August 6, 2011). "Thought Equity Motion Scores $25 Million For Cloud-Based Video Platform". TechCrunch.
- Clark, MJ (January 19, 2012). "Thought Equity Motion sells minority stake". Wyoming Business Report.
- Careless, James. (April 6, 2012). “Streaming to All Devices: Is it Worth the Expense?,” Streaming Media
- Connolly, Eoin. (March 30, 2012). “BCC to bring classic English soccer into digital age,” SportsPro
- Van Riper, Tom. (March 15, 2012). “Selling March Madness Memories,” Forbes
- Siglin, Tim. (Feb./March 2012). “Buyer’s Guide: Metadata,” Streaming Media
- Primack, Dan. (Jan. 10, 2012). “Private equity deals,” Fortune
- Cohen, David. (Nov. 10, 2011). “Digital growth forces rethink of old roles,” Variety
- George Winslow (July 17, 2011). NBC News Launches New Archive Site
- Peterson, Eric. (April 1, 2010). Denver company sees gold in video archives ColoradoBiz Magazine
- Shambora, Jessica. (March 11, 2010). Thought Equity Motion and the NCAA give old highlights new life on the Web Fortune
- Sandomir, Richard. (March 2, 2010). N.C.A.A. Tournament Goes Online, Clip by Clip The New York Times
- Malinowski, Erin. (March 3, 2010). Say Hello to NCAA Vault, Adieu to Productivity Wired
- Lichaa, Zach. (September 29, 2010). The Digital 100: The World's Most Valuable Startups Business Insider
- Vuong, Andy. (December 15, 2010). Denver company's video indexing a highlight vault for college hoops fans The Denver Post
- Braff, Carolyn. (December 20, 2010). Thought Equity Motion, Raycom Sports Open ACC Vault Sports Video Group