Threat Management Unit
In United States civilian law enforcement, a Threat Management Unit is a police department team that handles cases of harassment or stalking. The Los Angeles Police Department created the first Threat Management Unit, the Los Angeles Police Department Threat Management Unit, founded by retired LAPD Captain Robert Martin, in 1990 after the murder of actress Rebecca Lucile Schaeffer.
- "LA Magazine". lamag.com. Archived from the original on 13 January 2010. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- Johnson, Beth (Jul 14, 1995). "A Fan's Fatal Obsession". Entertainment Weekly Inc. Retrieved 2014-06-30.
- http://www.franksreelreviews.com/shorttakes/shaeffer/shaeffer. Retrieved July 31, 2010. Missing or empty
- "Revealed: Work of the LA police who protect the stars from stalkers". Scotland's Daily Record and Sunday Mail. Feb 27, 2009. Retrieved 2014-06-30.
- Toobin, Jeffrey (February 24, 1997). "STALKING IN L.A.". Annals of Law. The New Yorker. Retrieved 2014-06-30.
|This law enforcement–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|