In human sexuality, a threesome is sexual activity that involves three people at the same time. Threesome can also refer to a love triangle, a three-way romantic relationship. Though threesome is most commonly applied to a casual sexual activity involving sexual activity among three participants, a threesome may also be found in a long-term domestic relationship, such as polyamory or a ménage à trois.
A threesome is a form of group sex, but involving only three people. It may occur more frequently in private situations, such as spontaneous sexual activity among three friends, or arranged in a community of like-minded swingers or planned as a once-only experience; and rarely in anonymous settings, such as at orgies or other sex parties. Among swinging couples, one of the two partners is often the driving force and the other is more passive-supportive of the addition of additional sex parties. Some couples use a threesome as a way to develop a love triangle (ménage à trois).
The people involved in a threesome may have any combination of gender and sexual orientation. Each participant may engage in any type of sex act with one or both of the others, such as vaginal, anal or oral sex or mutual masturbation. One or more of the participants may engage in autoerotic sexual activity, such as masturbation, possibly without physical contact with the other participants. It is a matter of subjective definition whether participation of a third person without physical contact constitutes a threesome. This may relate to fetishes such as voyeurism or cuckolding. Lucky Pierre is slang for a person performing both receptive and insertive anal and/or vaginal sex simultaneously during a threesome, being positioned between the two partners.
A heterosexual threesome may involve two men and a woman (a devil's threesome), for example, in (double penetration), or two women with a man. A bisexual threesome may involve a man having sex with a man and a woman, the woman having sex with a man and a woman, or all three having sex with each other. A homosexual threesome would involve either three men or three women. Other possibilities are possible, such as a man having sex with two women who are having sex with each other.
Threesome sexual activity may take place in a number of sex positions; for example, the following:
Painting by Édouard-Henri Avril: threesome involving two men and a woman
Threesome involving double penetration
- Suzanne G. Frayser, Thomas J. Whitby (1995). Studies in Human Sexuality: A Selected Guide. Libraries Unlimited. pp. 340–341. ISBN 1563081318. Retrieved October 3, 2013.
- Tasha R. Howe (2011). Marriages and Families in the 21st Century: A Bioecological Approach. John Wiley & Sons. p. 109. ISBN 1405195010. Retrieved October 3, 2013.
- Marie Claire, September 10, 2011: How I Planned a Ménage à Trois
- Shere Hite, The Hite Report: The sexual experience of women, Munich, 1989
- Barker, Emma. "Throuples Are a Thing Now". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "Get ready for the throuples". National Review. Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "World First As Colombia Recognizes Civil Union of Three Men". telesurtv. Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- A Clockwork Orange threesome scene. Archived from the original on 2015-10-26. Retrieved 2015-10-24.
- American Psycho threesome scene. Retrieved 2015-10-24.
- Stern, Marlow (27 December 2012). "The 21 Craziest Moments in 'The Wolf of Wall Street': Cocaine-Fueled Orgies and More". The Daily Beast.
|Look up threesome in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Media related to Threesome at Wikimedia Commons