Three Fathoms Cove is surrounded by Shap Sze Heung (Tseng Tau, Nga Yiu Tau, Sai Keng and Kei Ling Ha are along the coast), Yung Shue O, Wong Tei Tung and Sham Chung. Most of its east shore constitutes part of the Sai Kung West Country Park.
Tseng Tau Coast, a coastal area of 1 km in length located north of Tseng Tau village and facing Three Fathom Cove, covering an area of 4.3 hectares, was designated as a Site of Special Scientific Interest in 1994.
- "Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Hiking Scheme - A9 - Shui Long Wo – Pak Tam Chung". www.lcsd.gov.hk. Retrieved 22 March 2022.
- "Marine fish culture, pond fish culture and oyster culture". Fisheries Branch. Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department. 15 March 2022. Retrieved 23 March 2022.
- "Register of Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSIs)". Planning Department.
- "Site of Special Scientific Interest - Tseng Tau Coast" (PDF). Planning Department. 30 September 1992.
- Johnson, Paul; Robertson, Grant (Autumn 1991). "Environmental assessment of marine fish culture". The Arup Journal. 1991 (3): 18–19.