Three Kingdoms RPG
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Three Kingdoms RPG|
|Opening theme||"Waiting for Your Return" (等你回來) by Raymond Lam|
|Country of origin||Hong Kong|
|No. of episodes||25|
|Executive producer(s)||Lau Kar-ho|
|Production location(s)||Hong Kong|
|Camera setup||Multi camera|
|Running time||45 minutes (per episode)|
|Original network||TVB Jade|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original release||9 July –|
10 August 2012
|Three Kingdoms RPG|
|Traditional Chinese||回到三國l="Back to the Three Kingdoms"|
Three Kingdoms RPG is a 2012 Hong Kong television series produced by TVB, with Lau Kar-ho serving as the drama's executive producer. It stars Kenneth Ma as Szema Shun, a young Hong Kong game addict, who accidentally travels back in time to the Three Kingdoms period of Chinese history.
Vincent Szema (Kenneth Ma) is a game addict who goes back to the Three Kingdoms period, and meets many historical figures. He becomes Zhuge Liang's trusted advisor and utilized modern strategies to overcome issues and obstacles. Vincent then develops feelings for a female servant in the castle of Shu. Vincent was able to maintain contact with his sister through his smart phone and learned that the time warp would take place at the "Battle of Chi Bi."
- Note: Some of the characters' names are in Cantonese romanisation.
- Kenneth Ma as Szema Shun (司馬信), a Hong Kong youth who accidentally travels back in time to the Three Kingdoms period.
- Raymond Lam as Chugot Leung (諸葛亮), Liu Bei's strategist
- Tavia Yeung as Song-yau (桑柔), a maid who serves Lau Bei's family. She becomes Shun's lover.
Suk Hon (蜀漢)
- Joseph Lee as Lau Bei (劉備), a warlord who founded Suk Hon
- Au Sui-wai as Kwan Yu (關羽), a general under Lau Bei, second sworn brother to Lau Bei and Zhang Fei.
- Savio Tsang as Cheung Fei (張飛), a general under Lau Bei, third sworn brother to Lau Bei and Guan Yu.
- Deno Cheung as Chiu Wan (趙雲), a general under Lau Bei
Lau Bei household
- Rachel Kan as Lady Kon (甘夫人), Lau Bei's first wife
- Iva Law as Lady Mei (麋夫人), Lau Bei's second wife
- Annie Chong as Cho Kuk (鶵菊), a maid in Lau Bei's household
- Doris Chow as a maid in Lau Bei's household
- Siu Hoi-yan as a maid in Lau Bei's household
- Lydia Law as a maid in Lau Bei's household
- Cheung Wai-yi as a maid in Lau Bei's household
- Tsang Yuen-sa
Cho Ngai (曹魏)
- Law Lok-lam as Cho Cho (曹操), a warlord who founded Cho Ngai
- Ram Chiang as Sun Yuk (荀彧), Cho Cho's strategist
- Chan Wing-kei as Kai Hui (賈詡), Cho Cho's strategist
Tung Ng (東吳)
- Pierre Ngo as Suen Kuen (孫權), a warlord who founded Tung Ng
- Ruco Chan as Chow Yu (周瑜), a talented military general and strategist who serves the Suen family
- Fung So-bor as Lady Ng (吳夫人), Suen Kuen's mother
- Sharon Chan as Siu-kiu (小喬), Chow Yu's wife.
Lau Piu household
- Mary Hon as Lady Choi (蔡夫人), Lau Biu's wife
- Jack Wu as Lau Kei (劉琦), Lau Biu's older son
- Vin Choi as Lau Chung (劉琮), Lau Biu's younger son
- Henry Lee
- Man Yeung
- Jonathan Cheung as Szema Shun's good friend
- Lau Kong
- Kaki Leung as [Wong Yuet-ying] (黄月英), Chugot Leung's wife
- Lee Yee-man as Hau-lin (巧蓮), Wong Yuet-ying's maid
- Lee Chung-hei as Chui Ho (崔浩), Chugot Leung's friend
- Bond Chan as Chugot Leung's friend
- Jess Sum
- Ha Yu as Szema Shun's father
- Cilla Kung as Szema Kuen (司馬娟), Szema Shun's younger sister
The following is a table that includes a list of the total ratings points based on television viewership.
|Week||Originally Aired||Episodes||Average Points||Peaking Points||References|
1) Food: Maize and peanuts did not exist in Three Kingdoms China
2) The characters sat on chairs instead of kneeling on mats, thus they all kept their shoes on when indoors
3) Paper should have been quite common already, yet the various books are in bamboo