This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Security software, security appliances, Internet security, network security|
|Products||Web content filtering, anti-spam, antivirus, anti-phishing, anti-spyware, intrusion prevention, Application Control, firewall, OpenVPN, bandwidth management, web cache|
Number of employees
Threenix is a computer security software suite.
Threenix is a complete commercial solution for deep networking security configuration based on a pre-configured Linux platform available as both a hardware and virtual appliance. The installed software is written in Python and C++. This, communicating with core services such as ip route or iptables, provides a number of functionalities, some of which are listed below:
- DoS protection
- Load Balancing/Failover configuration
- Bandwidth shaping and bandwidth control
- VPN IPSEC, Open VPN and PPtP
- Antispam system
- Antivirus and Authentication
- URL filtering and Content filtering based on category database
- Spyware protection
In April 2012, PCS Group. started the development of the Threenix's new version 5, which will be completely rewritten in order to make it handle much more features and capabilities. The most important improvements will be:
- Use of a CLI (Common Language Interface) which will be the single point of configuration and management
- Distributed communication between components
- HA (High availability) management
As described in the following diagrams, every service can be distributed on separate appliances for maximum performance and scalability.
Threenix Installation Simple Block Diagram
Threenix Installation Complex Block Diagram
This new distribution will be available also as "Community Edition" that will be free and without support.