Threshold Editions is an imprint of Simon & Schuster — the publishing division of CBS Corporation — specializing in conservative non-fiction. Louise Burke is the publisher, Anthony Ziccardi is the deputy publisher, and the imprint's senior editors include Mitchell Ivers, Kathy Sagan, and Abby Zidle. Mary Matalin is its editor-in-chief.
The imprint's authors include Glenn Beck, Christopher Buckley, Reid Buckley, Lynne Cheney, Mary Cheney, Jerome Corsi, Catherine Crier, S.E. Cupp, Jerry Doyle, Burton W. Folsom, Jr., Sean Hannity, Brian Jennings, David Kupelian, Arthur B. Laffer, Mark R. Levin and his father Jack Levin, George Melloan, Stephen Moore, Karl Rove, Herman Cain, and Dick Cheney.
In August 2008, Threshold published Jerome Corsi's The Obama Nation, it was #4 in sales in nonfiction during the first week of its release and on August 13, The New York Times reported that the book had reached #1 on the New York Times Best Seller list for hardcover non-fiction books, due in part to higher bulk sales. The book was criticized by the Obama campaign and the Democratic National Committee as containing factual errors consisting of smears, falsehoods, and innuendo.
In July 2010, Threshold published The Obama Diaries. Whether or not the book is classified as a work of fiction or non-fiction is disputed. The New York Times and USA Today classified it as non-fiction on their Best Seller list, but make the clear distinction that it is satire, and therefore more spurious than fact.
- "About Threshold Editions". Simon & Schuster. Retrieved 2010-04-10.
- "Mary Matalin helps turn the pages". The Politico. July 21, 2009. Retrieved 2010-04-10.
- Gigot, Paul A., "Mission Accomplished", review of DCheney's In My Time, Wall Street Journal, September 3, 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-03.
- "Publishers Weekly Best-Sellers". Associated Press. Google News. 2008-08-07. Retrieved 2008-08-15.[dead link]
- Rutenberg, Jim and Bosman, Julie (2008-08-12). "Book Attacking Obama Hopes to Repeat ’04 Anti-Kerry Feat". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-08-16.
- Mooney, Alexander (2008-08-15). "Campaign says McCain didn't hear question on attack book". CNN. Retrieved 2008-08-15.
- Rutten, Tim (2008-08-16). "The extreme-right way to make a buck". The Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on 2008-08-22. Retrieved 2008-08-16.
- Romano, Andrew (2008-08-15). "Overdoing the Outrage". Newsweek. Retrieved 2008-08-16.
- Hoover, Bob (2010-08-16). "Politics on parade in books, even during summer". Pittsburgh Post Gazette. Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- "NYT book editor defends putting 'Obama Diaries' on non-fiction list". Poynter Online. 2010-08-03. Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- Schuessler, Jennifer (2010-08-06). "Inside the List". New York Times. Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- "USA TODAY BEST-SELLERS". Associated Press. 2010-08-19. Retrieved 2 September 2010.[dead link]
- Threshold Editions from Simon & Schuster's industry website
- Threshold Editions Catalog from Simon & Schuster's consumer website