|Single by Rick Ross featuring Lil Wayne|
|from the album Mastermind|
|Released||March 13, 2014|
|Label||Maybach, Slip-n-Slide, Def Jam|
|Rick Ross singles chronology|
"Thug Cry" is a song by American hip hop recording artist Rick Ross, released on March 13, 2014 by Maybach, Slip-n-Slide, and Def Jam, as the third official single from his sixth studio album Mastermind (2014). The song was produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League and features a guest appearance by American rapper Lil Wayne. The song has since peaked at number 37 on the US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. The sample comes from Heather by Billy Cobham (1974) and was used in 93 'til Infinity by Souls Of Mischief (1993) and in No Wheaties by Big K.R.I.T. (2012).
"Thug Cry" was serviced to mainstream urban radio in the United States on March 13, 2014 and then to rhythmic contemporary radio in the same country on April 1, 2014 as the third official single from his sixth studio album Mastermind.
On May 5, 2014, the music video was released for "Thug Cry". The video follows a prisoner, played by actor Wood Harris, as he steps out of jail after serving time. Flashbacks reveal Harris' sentencing leading up to his prison sentence. The video then ends with Ross, Yo Gotti, and friends, welcoming Harris home, giving him a Rolls-Royce.
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||193|
|UK R&B (Official Charts Company)||37|
|US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)||12|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||37|
- "Frequency News". Frequency News. 2014-03-13. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
- "Top 40 Rhythmic Future Releases | R&B Song and Hip-Hop Music Release Dates |". Allaccess.com. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- "Video: Rick Ross f/ Lil Wayne – 'Thug Cry'". Rap-Up.com. 2014-03-25. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
- "Zobbel.de: CHART: CLUK Update 15.03.2014 (wk10)". Zobbel.de. Retrieved 2014-03-16.
- "Archive Chart: 2014-03-09" UK R&B Chart.
- "Rick Ross – Chart history" Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 for Rick Ross.
- "Rick Ross – Chart history" Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for Rick Ross.