Thulusdhoo (Kaafu Atoll)
|Administrative atoll||Kaafu Atoll|
|Distance to Malé||26.81 km (16.66 mi)|
|• Length||1.580 km (0.982 mi)|
|• Width||0.650 km (0.404 mi)|
|• Total||1,408 (including foreigners)|
|Time zone||UTC+05:00 (MST)|
Thulusdhoo (Dhivehi:ތުލުސްދޫ) is the capital of Kaafu Atoll. The island supports a population of 1900. The island is popular for its surf points. Chickens & Cokes are two world-class surf spots near the island.
How to get to Thulusdhoo Island?
Thulusdhoo island is approximately 30 minutes away from the Velana International Airport. There are three ways you can get to the island.
- Scheduled Ferry- A scheduled ferry will take you to the island in about 80 minutes. Except Fridays, it is available through rest of the week. The cost for it is $3 per person per way
- Scheduled Speed Boat- There are many private speed boats for the Thulusdhoo island. It is available everyday. The cost for it is $30 per person per way. You can choose any speed boat company
- Exclusive Chartered Speed Boat- Private speed boats option is also available for Thulusdhoo island. You have to inform to your guesthouse/hotel prior to your arrival and they will arrange it for you. It costs $200 (per charter trip (accommodates 8 pax))
- The prices may vary as per the day and time of the travel. It is advised for all travelers to check in with their respective guesthouse in Thulusdhoo.
|2006-2014: Census populations|
- "Table PP5: Resident Population by sex, nationality and locality (administrative islands), 2014" (PDF). Population and Households Census 2014. National Bureau of Statistics. p. 34. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Velana International Airport", Wikipedia, 2019-03-02, retrieved 2019-03-05
- "Coordinate Distance Calculator". Boulter.com. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Table 3.3: Total Maldivian Population by Islands" (PDF). National Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
|This Maldives location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|