|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California|
Thumbtack is an American home services website. It is an online directory that allows users to search for, rate, and hire local service providers to work on a variety of personal projects, including home improvement, financial and legal services, computer / IT repair and event planning. The company is backed by Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Venture Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Capital G, among others.
In June 2010, Thumbtack.com raised $1.2 million in funding, primarily from angel investors. In January 2012, Thumbtack raised another $4.5 million through a Series A round of venture capital funding. In June 2013, Thumbtack raised an additional $12.5 million through a Series B round of venture capital funding. In May 2014, Thumbtack raised $30 million through a Series C round of venture capital funding from Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management. In August 2014, Thumbtack raised $100 million through a Series D round of venture capital funding, led by Google Capital. In September 2015, Thumbtack raised $125 million of venture capital funding, led by Baillie Gifford.
In July 2019 the company secured $150 million in Series F at a valuation of nearly $1.7 billion.
In July 2021 the company raised $275 million at a $3.2 billion valuation.
- Michael Guta (July 28, 2020). "12 Thumbtack's New Instant Results Feature Matches Customers with Service Pros Fast". Small Business Trends. Retrieved March 12, 2020.
- "Thumbtack, a marketplace for local services, raises $30 million". Silicon Valley Business Journal. Retrieved 2021-08-20.
- "Well-known angels back local services startup Thumbtack.com". VentureBeat. 2010-06-09. Retrieved 2020-02-09.
- "Local Services Marketplace Thumbtack Raises $4.5 Million". TechCrunch. 9 January 2012. Retrieved 2020-02-09.
- "Thumbtack Partners with Sequoia to Reimagine Local Services". Thumbtack Journal. 2013-06-13. Retrieved 2020-02-09.
- "Local Services Marketplace Thumbtack Raises $30 Million". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2020-02-09.
- Mac, Ryan. "How Thumbtack Plans To Be Your One-Stop Local Services Shop For Plumbers, Chefs And Belly Dancers". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-02-09.
- Benner, Katie (29 September 2015). "Thumbtack Raises New Funding at a $1.3 Billion Valuation". bits.blogs.nytimes.com. Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- "Thumbtack raises $150 million for its local services marketplace". TechCrunch. 23 July 2019. Retrieved March 12, 2021.
- "Home services platform Thumbtack raises $275M on a $3.2B valuation to double down on home management". TechCrunch. 15 June 2021. Retrieved 2021-08-22.