|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California|
|Alexa rank||2,975 (April 2014[update])|
Thumbtack is an online service that matches customers with local professionals. Currently, Thumbtack lists 1,100 types of services in categories such as home, wellness, events, and lessons.
In June 2010, Thumbtack.com raised $1.2 million in funding, primarily from angel investors. Investors include Scott Banister, Jason Calacanis and Joshua Schachter. In January 2012, Thumbtack raised another $4.5 million through a Series A round of venture capital funding. In June 2013, Thumbtack raised an additional $12.5 million through a Series B round of venture capital funding. In May 2014, Thumbtack raised $30 million through a Series C round of venture capital funding from Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management. In August 2014, Thumbtack raised $100 million through a Series D round of venture capital funding, led by Google Capital. In September 2015, Thumbtack raised $125 million of venture capital funding, led by Baillie Gifford.
In June 2019 the company secured $120 million in Series H at a valuation of nearly $1.3 billion.
- Home Improvement
- Design and web
- Repair and technical support
- Writing, translation, and transcription
- Colleen Taylor (August 20, 2014). "12 Questions With The CEO Of Thumbtack, Google Capital's New $100 Million Bet". TechCrunch. Retrieved March 12, 2017.
- "Thumbtack.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved April 1, 2014.
- "Well-known angels back local services startup Thumbtack.com".
- Crunchbase Profile for Thumbtack.com
- "Local Services Marketplace Thumbtack Raises $4.5 million".
- "Thumbtack Partners with Sequoia to Reimagine Local Services".
- "Local Services Marketplace Thumbtack Raises $30 Million".
- "How Thumbtack Plans To Be Your One-Stop Local Services Shop For Plumbers, Chefs And Belly Dancers".
- Benner, Katie. "Thumbtack Raises New Funding at a $1.3 Billion Valuation". bits.blogs.nytimes.com. Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- "Thumbtack is raising up to $120M on a flat valuation". TechCrunch. Retrieved June 7, 2019.
- "Thumbtack Services". thumbtack.com. Retrieved July 21, 2019.