|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California|
Thumbtack is an American home services website. It is an online directory that allows users to search for, rate, and hire local service providers to work on a variety of personal projects, including home improvement, financial and legal services, and event planning. The company is backed by Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Venture Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Capital G, among others.
In June 2010, Thumbtack.com raised $1.2 million in funding, primarily from angel investors. In January 2012, Thumbtack raised another $4.5 million through a Series A round of venture capital funding. In June 2013, Thumbtack raised an additional $12.5 million through a Series B round of venture capital funding. In May 2014, Thumbtack raised $30 million through a Series C round of venture capital funding from Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management. In August 2014, Thumbtack raised $100 million through a Series D round of venture capital funding, led by Google Capital. In September 2015, Thumbtack raised $125 million of venture capital funding, led by Baillie Gifford.
In July 2019 the company secured $150 million in Series F at a valuation of nearly $1.7 billion.
In July 2021 the company raised $275 million at a $3.2 billion valuation.
- Michael Guta (July 28, 2020). "12 Thumbtack's New Instant Results Feature Matches Customers with Service Pros Fast". Small Business Trends. Retrieved March 12, 2020.
- "Thumbtack, a marketplace for local services, raises $30 million". Silicon Valley Business Journal. Retrieved 2021-08-20.
- "Well-known angels back local services startup Thumbtack.com". VentureBeat. 2010-06-09. Retrieved 2020-02-09.
- "Local Services Marketplace Thumbtack Raises $4.5 Million". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2020-02-09.
- "Thumbtack Partners with Sequoia to Reimagine Local Services". Thumbtack Journal. 2013-06-13. Retrieved 2020-02-09.
- "Local Services Marketplace Thumbtack Raises $30 Million". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2020-02-09.
- Mac, Ryan. "How Thumbtack Plans To Be Your One-Stop Local Services Shop For Plumbers, Chefs And Belly Dancers". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-02-09.
- Benner, Katie. "Thumbtack Raises New Funding at a $1.3 Billion Valuation". bits.blogs.nytimes.com. Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- "Thumbtack raises $150 million for its local services marketplace". TechCrunch. Retrieved March 12, 2021.
- "Home services platform Thumbtack raises $275M on a $3.2B valuation to double down on home management". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2021-08-22.