Thunder Road Films
Producer Basil Iwanyk founded the film and television financing and production company Thunder Road Films in the mid 2000s. In January 2012, Peter Lawson left The Weinstein Company to join Thunder Road as a President of Production, and then left in January 2014 for a job as exec VP of production and acquisitions at Open Road Films. As of October 2014, Jonathan Fuhrman is Thunder Road's Executive Vice President (EVP) of Business Affairs.
In June 2014, Thunder Road and Christian Angermayer's Film House Germany signed a deal to strengthen Thunder Road's financial capability to develop projects. In October 2014, Thunder Road and PalmStar Media signed on a deal in which the Thunder Road would receive $200 million annually to finance five to six $20–50 million budgeted indies within a year. It would also enable the company to co-finance the development and production of larger studio projects.
In May 2015, Thunder Road renewed its slate agreement with Cutting Edge Group and its investment arm, Conduct, which finances the music budgets of films and television programs in exchange for IP rights to each project's original music.
Thunder Road has been producing films since 2006, which included 2006's Firewall and We Are Marshall, 2009's Brooklyn's Finest, 2010's Clash of the Titans and The Town. The company also produced the three installments of The Expendables series. Clash of the Titans' sequel Wrath of the Titans was also produced by the company which released in 2012.
- 2006: Firewall
- 2006: We Are Marshall
- 2008: Lost Boys: The Tribe
- 2009: Brooklyn's Finest
- 2010: Clash of the Titans
- 2010: The Town
- 2010: Lost Boys: The Thirst
- 2012: Wrath of the Titans
- 2014: John Wick
- 2014: Seventh Son
- 2015: Sicario
- 2016: Gods of Egypt
- 2017: John Wick: Chapter 2
- 2017: Wind River
- 2018: A Star Is Born
- 2018: Sicario: Day of the Soldado
- 2018: Three Seconds
- 2018: The Current War
- 2018: Hotel Mumbai
- 2018: Robin Hood
- 2015: The Messengers
- "Thunder Road Pictures". Yellow Pages. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- Hall, Gina (October 22, 2014). "Thunder Road Pictures Gets $200 Million From PalmStar Media". TheWrap. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (January 3, 2012). "Weinstein Vet Peter Lawson To Become Thunder Road Production President". Deadline. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- Stewart, Andrew (January 6, 2016). "Open Road Taps Peter Lawson as Head of Production, Acquisitions". Variety. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- Andreeva, Nellie (July 21, 2011). "Feature Producer Basil Iwanyk Signs First-Look Deal With Sony Pictures TV". Deadline. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- McNary, Dave (May 17, 2013). "Cutting Edge, Thunder Road In Slate Deal". Variety. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- McNary, Dave (June 23, 2014). "'Wrath of the Titans' Producer Thunder Road Allies With Film House Germany". Variety. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- Jaafar, Ali (May 14, 2015). "Basil Iwanyk's Thunder Road Renewing Its Slate Deal With Cutting Edge Group". Deadline. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- "Lionsgate and Thunder Road Pictures Announce Worldwide Collaboration with Game Publishers Starbreeze and 505 Games on Exclusive "John Wick" Downloadable Content for Payday 2 Game". PRNewswire. October 21, 2014. Retrieved February 5, 2016.