Thunder Truck Rally
|Thunder Truck Rally
European cover art of Thunder Truck Rally
Thunder Truck Rally (Known as Monster Trucks in Europe) is a monster truck racing game developed by Reflections where players select a monster truck or otherwise 4X4 vehicle equipped with monster truck tires and have the option of either racing or crushing cars in an arena.
Players start with an array of options from choosing their game mode to choosing their race track. If a player chooses to race, they are faced with innumerous outdoor tracks, all of which feature various hills, bends and turns. The players must maintain careful driving however as every vehicle has a strength meter which measures the vehicle’s engine strength; if a player lands too hard from a jump their engine will receive damage.
- Endurance: Players must compete on four different tracks to reach all of the check points in order. Players can change the racing course of the track to five different starting positions.
- Circuit: Once selected, players have a variety of circuits to race on.
- Car Crushing: Players are set in an arena with a dirt-mound ramp set up in front of a pile of cars and a similar arena neighboring theirs with another contestant (the competitor is usually always Nadia). Players must accumulate more points than their competitor by crushing all of the cars within the time limit.
- Championship: The player must compete for the gold against the other contestants in the league.
- Multiplayer: Players play alternate rounds at whatever game mode and course selected save for Championship and Car Crushing mode.
- Practice: Players may race so as to practice their skills.
- Time Trials: players attempt to make the best time on chosen track.