Thunder in the Glens
Thunder in the Glens is an annual Harley-Davidson bike rally held in Aviemore, Scotland, established in 1996. The event is run by the Dunedin Chapter of the Harley Owners Group (HOG), based in Edinburgh. Running over the last weekend of August every year, the event consists of Harley-Davidson displays, rallies and live music. Scottish rock band Big Country, and band RPJ performed at the 2016 festival. People travel from around the world to attend.
The event is said to substantially boost the local economy of the town of Aviemore. It was suggested the event contributed £15million to the Aviemore economy in 2016. Although local residents were initially hesitant about the event, nervous the bikers would be similar to those depicted in films such as The Wild One, the bikers are now welcomed into the town every year.
- "Riders take part in 20th Thunder in the Glens in Aviemore". BBC. Retrieved 8 November 2016.
- "Aviemore gears up for Thunder in the Glens". Daily Record. Retrieved 8 November 2016.
- "Thunder in the Glens: 4,000 Harley Davidson bikers take to Scotland's roads". Press and Journal. Retrieved 8 November 2016.
- "Get ready for the roar as bike rally Thunder in the Glens marks its 20th anniversary". National. Retrieved 8 November 2016.
- "Thunder In The Glens 2016". Cairngormmountain.org. Retrieved 8 November 2016.
- "Thunder in the Glens Aviemore". Welcome to Scotland. Retrieved 8 November 2016.
|This festival-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|