Hellström designed wooden railway station buildings at Kemi - Rovaniemi, Joensuu-Nurmes, Seinäjoki-Kaskinen, Perälä-Kristiinankaupunki, Pieksämäki-Savonlinna and Sciences-Pieksämäki. His early style is Art Nouveau.
Hellström also designed Neoclassical Station buildings.
Later, he designed more substantial buildings in stone such as Hämeenlinna, Ore, Kuopio, Pori, Riihimäki railway stations, and in 1935 in brick, Gulf station.
Stations designed by Hellström
Some of Hellström's original buildings have since been demolished, but others remain in active use.
- Hämeenlinna railway station (finished in 1921)
- Kuopio railway station
- Malmi railway station
- Pori railway station
- Riihimäki railway station
- Lahti railway station (finished in 1935)
- Tampere railway station (finished in 1936)
- Husbyggnaderna vid statens järnvägar. Finska statsjärnvägarne 1862–1912 11, Thure Hellström, Helsingfors, 1915, 314. (Swedish)
Media related to Thure Hellström at Wikimedia Commons
|This Finnish architect biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|